News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cycle Gear Inc. About To Purchase Revzilla

Started by KevinB, February 06, 2016, 02:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

I hope this isn't the end of a good thing...

http://www.reuters.com/article/revzilla-ma-cyclegear-idUSL2N15J1QD

Cycle Gear nears deal to buy RevZilla

By Lauren Hirsch

Feb 4 U.S. motorcycle store chain Cycle Gear Inc. is close to acquiring RevZilla, a website that sells motorcycle apparel, in deal that would create a company valued at between $400 million and $500 million, including debt, a person familiar with the matter said.

A deal is expected to be announced in the coming days, according to the person, who asked not to be identified because the deal is not yet finalized and could still fall apart.

RevZilla and J.W. Childs, the private equity firm that owns Cycle Gear, could not immediately be reached for comment.

The deal will help Benicia, California-based Cycle Gear, which has more than 100 stores in 34 states, expand its Internet footprint. Philadelphia-based RevZilla, which has $100 million in sales, is owned by three young motorcycle enthusiasts who founded the company as twentysomethings in 2007.

RevZilla YouTube's page, which posts product reviews and videos about motorcycles, has more than 60 million views.

LRobinson

Me too Kev.  I LOVE me some Revzilla.   Not the cheapest, but the best customer service ever!

lk2rd

Quote from: LRobinson on February 06, 2016, 06:16:52 PM
Me too Kev.  I LOVE me some Revzilla.   Not the cheapest, but the best customer service ever!

They may not be the cheapest but, they price match and have a loyalty program that earns you credit on future purchases.  I use their price match a lot.  +1 on their customer service. 

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

merc16

Justin

01YZF6

Revzilla is great!  Cycle gear is good in a pinch and on some good deals, but ZLA is what it is because they have a solid repore with the companies they distribute for!

Could you honestly see Lemmy in a sedici suit boasting about the "quality" ?

SpeedyR

another bad side note to this is now you will be taxed on your Revzilla purchases because of CG being in your state.. :(

the biggest thing I've noticed about cycle gear over the years is the trend towards very lower end products. Not that there's anything inherantly wrong with that (you have to start somewhere) but they need a bit better range of products in the stores.

the do have Shoei, Fox, Dainese, and a few other "good" brands, but overall its a lot of Bilt, Sedici and road rash stuff. The best feature of most of their stuff is the cheap price.

lazeebum

I have not had a bad experience with Cycle Gear. But maybe with the acquisition of Rev Zilla they will be able to offer more top line gear. Right now all of my gear is the cycle gear brand, the reviews on it were good, and I can afford to have more than one jacket.

GSlater

Slight off topic... I saw Sunday that Cycle Gear is now on 31 near Krispy Kreme in Hoover.
When did this happen? Guess I just haven't been paying attention

sctparker

Quote from: GSlater on February 09, 2016, 05:55:24 PM
Slight off topic... I saw Sunday that Cycle Gear is now on 31 near Krispy Kreme in Hoover.
When did this happen? Guess I just haven't been paying attention

Mid January , on a side note it's  unorganized and not layed out very well

Argh Oh

I've always had great experiences with Rev, but if it's taxed that's a deal breaker. Bummer.

KevinB

Shepcam

2013 Kawasaki Concours

Nice Goat

Brilliant.

Reading between the lines, I heard...

"Ummm, we are helping them, not the other way around."
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Perhaps this will be like two separate entities under one corporate umbrella, where both flourish.

Like Chevrolet and Oldsmobile under the GM umbrella. No, wait...like Chevrolet and Pontiac. Crap...Chevrolet and Saturn? Uh, nevermind...  :o