News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Russell Daylong seat

Started by Chuck A., February 19, 2016, 09:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck A.

Bit the bullet and bought the Russell Daylong seat this winter. It is a different animal for sure. Road a few miles today. Got off the bike and butt felt good. Sent my seat to Russell Daylong seats for the upgrade on December 31st. Got it back on January 29th. Had a problem I have no idea why but the builder added 1 3/8 inches to the leading edge of the seat. My seat butts on to the tank. Seat waded up and looked like crap. Sent the seat back to them the following Monday, Feb 1st. It came back to me today, Feb 19th. FINAL $900 and 52 days later I got to ride alittle and try it out.  Hundred miles of backroads today and more tomorrow to know more about it.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck A.

Should have asked today. You could have rode the bike and tried it out. Rode home on the backroads and then decide to just keep going for a while. Did 200 miles today and it was great. If I don't buy a trunk to go on the bike I'm gonna get another passenger back rest and adapt it to the drivers backrest hardware and have it cover to match.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson