News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argh Oh

I put air in the tires and rode it. That was all. Honest. Well, some non E gas too.

ThumperTriple

Looked at them longingly. Tomorrow is ride day!

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

LawnmowerRG

Did a little Ducati maintenance today.
Checked timing belts
Cleaned electrical connections
Chain Maintenance
and a couple other odd and end things. Should have it back together to ride this afternoon.

Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

Argh Oh

New plugs, oil and filter, N indicator switch, replace worn clutch slave seal so flush/bleed too, check F calipers and pads, hub nut torque. That last one done to avoid the dreaded hub King Bearing failure posted in a previous life. General pre flight check and cleaning. Leave early AM for USDESMO rally, 4 days in Murphy NC. They let me hang out with them though, an Italian thing...

wavyspike

I rebuilt the master brake cylinder and bled the lines.

KevinB

Today's assignment:

Break-in oil change

Install...

Fuzeblock
OEM driving lights
OEM 12v outlet
Garmin 660 mount
heated gear wiring
Battery Tender pigtail
Powerbronze windscreen
HyperLites LED brake flashers

lazeebum

New chain and sprockets. I also washed it and aim to polish it. I was going to post a picture, but the file is too big?

jrobinson

DachshundUberAlles

I re-installed my tail cowl, put a buckle protector and fuel cap protector of the tank, and a top triple tree protector.

Now in the days leading up to now, this bike was the subject of a major resurrection project. I bought it back in June. It had last been tagged in 2009 and had only 18,087 miles on it. Of course, the carburetors were cleaned and had new float valves and packing sets installed, new carburetor insulators, new fuel valve, new plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil filter/oil, and battery (Yuasa). The clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder had to be rebuilt. The rear brake caliper was rebuilt and new rear pads (EBC HH). New tires (Dunlop Road Smart 2), front wheel bearings/seals, new chain (DID), sprockets (Sunstar), rear sprocket hub dampers, valve cover gaskets/bolt setting rubbers from valve adjustment, headlamp bulbs, and installed the regulator/rectifier.
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those people who helped so much in making this project possible. First off, Joe and Cathey Hargrove of Hargrove Small Motors in Tuscaloosa. Joes work on the bike and Catheys help getting me the non OE parts were incredible. I'd also like to mention Jim Lee and Calvin Harris of Cycle World in Gadsden for all their work in getting me the OE parts, as well as the service manual and the info on the reg/rec update that will assure that weak point was tended to properly and before it could become an issue.
I also want to thank my good friend Kerry Kling of Augusta Speed Shop over in Georgia for the powder coating of the wheels. The Sundrop Gold/Red combination just makes the bike POP over those basic black wheels that came as factory issue.
The bike was serviced out with Maxima products, SynBlend 10W/40 oil for the engine, Coolanol in the cooling system, DOT4 fluid in the brakes/clutch, and Chain Wax lubricant. I'm not claiming Maxima as some superior product, it's just the brand I decided to "marry" a few years ago. A couple of decades in the motorcycle business showed me that all the major brands make an excellent product and any one of them would have been a good choice, I just chose Maxima.
Anyhow, that's what I've been doing with this bike since late June. Now, I'll be riding it and keeping it looking beautiful with regular washing and polishing, no matter what negative views may be held regarding the latter.

Cheers, and happy riding.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Argh Oh

Wow, that's a LOT of through work! Good for you. I'm looking forward to seeing the art you created, ot at least lovingly restored.

jrou111

Getting ready for an off road ride this weekend, which part of it will be at night. Since my lasik surgery it's a little harder to see at night, so I installed some brighter lights on my bike...

The light has a standard headlight plug, and on low beam only one row lights up (18w) which is plenty bright on the road. The high beam switch turns on all 15 LEDs on the headlamp and 12 more LEDs on the light bar for a total of 90 watts of LED power. It's really, really bright!

I didn't measure my headlight enclosure before ordering which was dumb. If you have a DRZ though, this is almost a direct swap.

This was taken in pitch black with no outside lighting. You can't really tell in the pic, but I can see my shed in the back yard about 200 ft away. It'll be bright enough for me to be able to ride at night in the woods again. I also can't wait to try it on some urban supermoto too!

Oh and btw, I got my tag in the mail...

Zeus

When I bought this elusive 1125R I noticed after my first daytime ride on it that a fork seal was blown. So I bought a pair of All Balls fork seals, service manual and Race tech cartridge compressor. After two attempts with that brand seal I decided to go back to OEM seals which came in HD factory packaging which I thought was kinda cool. The All Balls seals have a "patented" lip which in my opinion is the fallacy. OEM works mo better!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lostinbama

After dealing with hydraulic clutch issues I bought everything needed, actually 2 sets, to convert my bike to a cable clutch. That's happening today. I also bought a rebuild kit and lever for my Brembo front brake master cylinder.

norton73

Swapped the 2 piston caliper for a 4 pot stopper on the poor old GS;

Loose nut holding the handlebars