News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonJuan

I did a partial brake job on the KDX and patched up some broken bits from the last ride (back in June...). Didn't change pads, EBC's still looked to be about 75%, but wanted to firm up my brake hannels a bit, so flushed and bled front and rear.

Have you ever seen prettier brake fluid?

It looked like straight up river mud. It took about 1/2 quart of fluid to flush it out clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

merc16

Quote from: DonJuan on December 23, 2018, 05:47:24 PM
Your ZRX is amazing.

I'd like to do some similar mods, but I really think it's cheaper for me to buy a newer ZX10 or 14.
Hey thanks ! It's been quite the challenge to get her to this point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

DonJuan

Changed needle and then clip position. Found a clogged pilot and a foreign object in my main.

Runs way better.

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

IceCold4x4

Went and got very muddy at the ridge after futzing with the float level on the carb last night and this am.  Trashed. Side panel and way over rotated the bars when I went ass over teakettle in a water hazard....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DonJuan

Air filter

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

merc16

@DonJuan , is that KLR from California with the required CARB external filter ?
Justin

renchinrider

Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

DonJuan

$48 Keihin PWK Air Striker.

Score! Changed jets to something close to what I run today in the worn out '89 carb. We'll install and see how she does later this week.

The brass says keihin as well, so I feel pretty good about the brand authenticity.

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

IceCold4x4

Quote from: DonJuan on January 07, 2019, 08:48:54 PM
$48 Keihin PWK Air Striker.

Score! Changed jets to something close to what I run today in the worn out '89 carb. We'll install and see how she does later this week.

The brass says keihin as well, so I feel pretty good about the brand authenticity.

It's what I'm running, and it's damn good.

DonJuan

What jets and needle are you running?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

IceCold4x4

I'd have to double check but I think 42 pilot and 145 or 142.5 main no clue on needle. Kyle has the jetting method down to perfection

Fencejumper09

I found that I was leaking coolant from a busted o-ring located in the center of the bottom end of my YZ 250 before Christmas

Tore it down with the help of @kylepeterson and @BrianAo34 for the price of some Waffle House and Worcestershire Coffee!

The bolts holding the power valve together had come out who know how long ago!

Replaced the power valve seal that is known to wallow out and damage the cylinder with a bearing!

Sometimes the wrong tools can become the right tools when bearings stick to the crank!

Got her back together for the New Years Day ride only to find out I had put the water pump seal in backwards and she was leaking like a sieve!

New seals and bearings installed on the water pump, built some new steel mounts for the skid plate, new kill switch and added an hour meter.  She should be ready for some single track now!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

DonJuan

Flushed and topped off coolant, after I got a face full of it when I took off the bottom hose... under some pressure.
Changed oil (Rotella T4), all 37 drain bolts filters and screens
Flushed and bled brakes, front and rear
Lubed chain
Charged battery
Took it for a test ride

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

Nice Goat

Installed Givi rack, topcase, tank bag, and sheepskin.  Then I went for a little 50 mile break-in ride.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Nice Goat

Installed tank grips/protectors, paddock spindles, bar risers, and mirror extenders.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."