Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

Quote from: merc16 on December 06, 2015, 11:35:46 AM
Finished up the de-smog and black out of the Rex:

Sweet gotta get some no flows when I do the cams next week.

Zeus

New chain and sprocket set on Versys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IceCold4x4

So considering the street baffle is WAY too restrictive and quiet for my taste. And I had trouble swallowing the 200 dollar pill that is a new Comp baffle, I decided to make my own that should be a bit quieter than the competition, but yet give the power lost in the street baffle. I'll update this once I complete it. 2 inch hole rather than 1.5

IceCold4x4

And now I've got ZX11 cams and those NOFLO's that merc posted.

And now it pulls all the way to redline. Just an 1109 kit and cvk 40's left to do then the motor will be pretty much done and i'll be looking at 150ish RWHP not too bad for a 15 year old bike, (yes the suspension and brakes are next on the list of mods)

jrou111

Getting my bike ready for 500 miles of dirt. The forecast is for a lot of rain and mud, so I decided to get some fresh knobbies. I opted for the IRC VE33/35's and they look like they'll do the job...

The front balanced perfectly with no weight needed. Out with the old, in with the new...

The baby had to go to bed so I wasn't able to finish up mounting the rear tire because it would be too noisy. But I did manage to replace the floppy turn signals on the rear and replace the worn out tail lamp bulb because the running light wasn't working...

sctparker

I added !/2 gallon of fuel capacity to the KLR 

sctparker

Thought I would add some HEY Do YA SEE ME/ I"M STOPPING  to the venture this is what I had

Custom dynamics come up with a so called kit to add rear lights to the venture so I got to thinking I'm not going to pay them 50 bucks for a Enclosed trailer tail light  and I didn't like the two choices the offered so I found a smoked trailer light and added some light to the rear

sorry about the blurry pics

Ryanbroome

Quote from: sctparker on December 23, 2015, 06:30:59 PM
I added !/2 gallon of fuel capacity to the KLR 
Those bottles look great

merc16

Justin

Ryanbroome

I decided to try a Tubliss in the rear of the KTM. Along with the Tubliss I added a new Dunlop 606, bearings, spacers, and brakes.

I put a little Slime in the tire too. I can't wait to try it out this weekend!

Chitza

Today's project: install a cruise control for my bike. I am in the barn, about to start. This post is my timer. Ready? go.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chitza

Done. 8 mins. And that was trying two different setups and taking pictures.

GoCruise. $20

I have grip covers on my bike so I rolled the edge back to place directly on the grip. I tried over the covers but the cruise didn't slide easily.

Roll on throttle and use one finger to push GoCruise until it comes in contact with the brake lever. Release your grip and cruise!

To disengage, roll off throttle.

merc16

And the real world test results are ?
Justin

Chitza

Quote from: merc16 on February 07, 2016, 12:08:12 PM
And the real world test results are ?

I'll let you know in about an hour :)

Chitza

Okay. Not a long run. Just about 20 miles up I-22. The control sets real easy. Very easy to increase your speed. Just place you index finger on the GoCruise lever and roll on the throttle. Decrease speed just as easy by rolling back on the throttle.

Over a few miles it seemed to loose speed, probably just slippage. Tony Authier(Alaska adventure man extraordinaire) is the guy who told me about this product. He used a wire tie on his to tighten the pinch on the handgrip. I didn't do that and because of the slippage I will be going back to add that.

It doesn't hold your speed going up hill. Only a computerized system is gonna do that. But I just need a break for long interstate drones. I'm pleased as summer punch with the results :)