News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylepeterson

the starter button still works on the drz. i found that out after tripping over the lug of a bike for the 453'rd time.

a fresh tank of super hi powa 86 octane made for an afternoons worth of really crappy wheelies.

thankfully i found the tag sticker in the glovebox of the camry, and stuck it on. it was only 8-9 months out of service. maybe i can get another 20 years out of the bike, at this milage rate !
just give 'er the berries !

yamahamer

Modified my ramp for the highth of my truck. With time change in effect it's time for some afternoon cardio.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

JBMFT

Got stickers off the exhaust. Not pictured: fluids and filter for oil, filter and final drive service.

norton73

Quote from: JBMFT on March 16, 2020, 09:59:03 PM
Got stickers off the exhaust. Not pictured: fluids and filter for oil, filter and final drive service.

No pics for me?

New bike?
Loose nut holding the handlebars

JBMFT

How about now?
New to me, yes. More pics coming soon...

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

JBMFT

IceCold4x4

Decided its about time I have a street bike again and decided to order some parts. Yup I'm apparently getting sane or going insane not sure which yet.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sadlsor

Bought expensive Honda oil, the filter and drain plug washer at Pinnacle (see NEW Moto Shop thread).
Took off more pieces than I needed to, trying to get to the filler neck.
Took off more pieces than I needed to, trying to get to the oil filter. Fail. Haven't got it off yet.
After 2 hours of scratching my head and pulling off bodywork, I ran out of daylight, had to cover the bike and move the pieces inside.
Going back to the ST1300 forum to find a better way... I ain't a-gonna ride it, with all the oil dripped out.
You must be the change you wish to see in this world.

Nice Goat

Put new tires and heavy duty tubes on the KTM today.  I'll do an oil change tomorrow night, and it'll be ready for another big ride.

KevinB

Fresh meat...

Only 1800 miles on that TKC80, and it's nearly smoked.

KevinB

Changed the oil, pulled the fuel pump and changed the filter and screen, then got bored and pulled the header to scrub off the baked-on mud...

Gam

Wired up a Zumo XT. So far, I like the interface better than the Montana, not as complicated. I might just use the Montana on the KLX, it has 24k topo, which is the only thing I like about the Montana. That is if the rebuild kit for the carb ever comes and it runs again.

Nice Goat

This weekend, my daughter and I rode around the yard and the neighborhood.  She didn't ride much last year because she was involved in too many other activities, so she needed a refresher course.

Afterwards, I performed the next oil change and changed the air filter on the KTM (at 1,300 miles/34.5 hours), and gave the bike a good cleaning.  Ready to go!

BamaPhill

Repairing a leaky fork seal so I decided to upgrade while tearing things apart.  Now I'm waiting on Cogent DDC/spring kit and replacement seals from Procycle.  I fabricated a fork disassembly tool to remove the damper.  I've been told 1" square tubing will also do the trick, but thought I would break out the welder that I use once a year and fab up the tool myself (explains the marginal welds).  :-[

2013 DR650
2015 CRF250L