News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

What did I do to my bike today

Started by Argh Oh, September 12, 2015, 12:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catang5oh

What I'm about to do, the kit from Yamaha was $400 bones plus tax, bought items separate for $219 shipped. Fully integrated into existing system from factory.

Warm hands are happy hands.

DachshundUberAlles

I did a 4,152 mile "service" of changing the oil and filter and replacing the rear tire. I had hoped for a bit more milage out of the Dunlop Roadmax II. If the "Sport Tour" type only goes this far, I'd hate to see the life of a Q3. At least I figured out the best procedure to do the oil change on it and will be able to save myself some time when from here on out.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

Nice Goat

I tightened my chain a little.  First adjustment since I bought the bike new.  Now have 8,900 miles.  Noticed that I had put the axle in a little crooked and mushed the alignment block.  Ordered a new one for $26.  Bugger.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

maydaymike

Put a new clutch in the Bonneville yesterday.   The original POS only lasted 100k.  I have new EBC HH brake pads for the front today.
2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

maydaymike

Quote from: DachshundUberAlles on November 13, 2015, 05:01:08 PM
I did a 4,152 mile "service" of changing the oil and filter and replacing the rear tire. I had hoped for a bit more milage out of the Dunlop Roadmax II. If the "Sport Tour" type only goes this far, I'd hate to see the life of a Q3. At least I figured out the best procedure to do the oil change on it and will be able to save myself some time when from here on out.
The way you ride that VFR, that's pretty good mileage for any tire.
2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

Mulley

Got her cleaned up to sell. Look for it in the for sale section tomorrow. I've got a few things left to do in the morning.

2000 KTM 200 EXC

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Ryanbroome

Quote from: Mulley on November 21, 2015, 04:43:57 PM
Got her cleaned up to sell. Look for it in the for sale section tomorrow. I've got a few things left to do in the morning.

2000 KTM 200 EXC

What's going to replace it?

Mulley

Quote from: Ryanbroome on November 21, 2015, 05:34:20 PM

What's going to replace it?

Hmmmmm. I think I'll wait until plans are more solid before I tell everyone. It will be a smoker.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

KevinB

Chuck A.

In the last 3 months, Replaced both tires with new Commander II's, new Progressive fork springs, new fork oil, new rear air sock oil, slushed front and rear brake lines and added new fluid, replaced brake pads front and rear, flushed clutch fluid line and added new fluid, engine oil change, replaced air filter, changed rear diff fluid, removed fuel tank to replace radiator cap and flushed and changed antifreeze, lubed throttle cables, removed wind shield and polished all front end chrome, added dielectric grease in all electrical connections front to rear, made my own air shock balance kit with remote valve, disassembled speedometer and clean inside of lens and back ground.   Denali SoundBomb Split Dual-Tone Air Horn on order for my B-day present.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Nice Goat

Oil and filter change.  Also ordered the super-loud Denali horn!

Nice Goat

Installing the new ProTaper EVO High Adventure bars... Looks to be about 1-1/2" taller than stock.

Nice Goat

Still waiting for bar inserts so I can finish re-attaching the handguards...

Nice Goat

The OEM bars have a threaded insert welded in the ends of the bars, but aftermarket bars do not.  I ordered some threaded inserts and a tap from Amazon.  Went by Fastenal to get some longer bolts, just in case.  Good thing that I did.  I ended up using a M8x70mm on the left and an M8x80mm on the right.

I'm going to call this mod a success.  The handlebars are a muted, flat black which looks really nice on the bike.  They give about 1-1/2" of additional rise, and they do not strain the cables or hoses, even at full lock.  I did a short test ride around the neighborhood, but I really need a nice long 200-mile test ride to know for sure.

Also installed Pivot Pegz with the street topper, part # PP-48MK3.

merc16

Finished up the de-smog and black out of the Rex:

Justin