News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cycle Gear moving

Started by speedfire, November 30, 2015, 06:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBMFT

Dang, I wondered what was going in there. That spot has been empty FOREVER.
I think that is a bad location. Crossing 31 from the southbound side will be a nightmare.

springer

Cycle "MORON" Gear.

They choose the location using their best scientific method.

Throw a dart at a map.  ;)

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

sctparker

It's about demographics and rent ,72k a year lease for a free standing 4000 sq ft building  (saving them around 11k a year compared to the rate per sq. ft in Trussville) on a higher traffic road where your store front can be seen. I would consider a improvement from a retail standpoint . and it shouldn't be any harder turning in going south  having a median with a turn lane  and lanes to accelerate in, than  it is  getting in or out on Edwards Lake to go towards Highway 11 crossing two lanes and merging into traffic without median to use. Plus being by a tire store that doesn't do motorcycle tires that will refer you next door

KevinB

Higher traffic? Not from me.  I avoid Hwy. 31 in Hoover like I avoid Hwy. 280. They may get more soccer moms driving past,  but my attendance will drop dramatically. I used to go in just to browse sometimes at the current location...the new location will become a last resort for a last minute much needed part.

Being difficult to enter is much less desirable than being hard to exit.  Get them in and get their money...after that,  who cares how they get out. 

I wish them continued success,  but with that parking lot I wonder if they'll have to modify their events in the future..."Bike Night This Friday! *limited to the first ten bikes that show up"

gene46

That building has been recently renovated. I think it has a large parking area in back, so if it is paved it should have decent enough room.

gene46

I do not think the parking lot will be large enough for a gymkhana or GP8

mojo1

Went by Cycle Gear yesterday. When I asked when they were moving she said January 14.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

JBMFT

I went in today on a whim to try some stuff on from their mailer. They had a good inventory of items and the girl at the counter was helpful and knowledgeable about the products. She said business was up since the move and she invited me to their monthly bike night. I didn't purchase anything but I felt like I got better service than when they were in Trussville.

KevinB

I stopped by a couple of weeks ago and noticed that instead of the endless loop of MotoGP/SBK playing in the background as before, they had some techno-pop music on like those hip clothing stores at the mall.

JBMFT

Quote from: KevinB on March 11, 2016, 09:27:55 PM
I stopped by a couple of weeks ago and noticed that instead of the endless loop of MotoGP/SBK playing in the background as before, they had some techno-pop music on like those hip clothing stores at the mall.

I didn't notice that but I did feel pretty fashionable in the Sedici jacket I tried on. Had to be the music...

lk2rd

They don't have many tires and don't have much space for more.   I bought tires there once in Trussville and they had a lot more in stock.