News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

helmets with internal shaded visor

Started by Gam, March 24, 2016, 11:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam

Anybody have one they particularly like or don't like. Most of my riding is dual sport, not much single track , I just wear a dirt helmet if there is going to much of that. 

01YZF6

Love my scorpion exo500! I have the dark drop visor installed.
The visor comes down just far enough to block sun but not enough to touch my face.
You can find them on clearance for under $100 too right now.

Also, most manufacturers now offer this as standard equipment. 

Best bet is to try them on.  I know bilt makes them as well as higher end manufacturer too.
Bilt one comes down too far for my face shape and rubs my nose, so I didn't get it.

KrisCook

Quote from: 01YZF6 on March 24, 2016, 12:35:20 PM
Love my scorpion exo500! I have the dark drop visor installed.
The visor comes down just far enough to block sun but not enough to touch my face.
You can find them on clearance for under $100 too right now.

Also, most manufacturers now offer this as standard equipment. 

Best bet is to try them on.  I know bilt makes them as well as higher end manufacturer too.
Bilt one comes down too far for my face shape and rubs my nose, so I didn't get it.

I have an acid-yellow Scorpion exo500 too.  I LOVE the internal sun visor.  The helmet is so big it makes me look like I'm wearing a Prius on my head, and it squeezes my jawbones and makes them hurt after a couple of hours, but the sun shade is the bomb.

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

bergman32

Both of my Bell helmets have drop down shades.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Mulley

I don't have a drop down visor. I prefer a photo-chromatic shield. I wear a Bell RS-1 but the less expensive models can be had with the same shield. The shield is pricey though. However it's the only shield you need.

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Gam

klaviator

About five years ago I got my first Modular helmet which also had the tinted internal visor.  It was a Fulmer.  It fit well and I got it for only 100 bucks.  It's a great helmet for the price but not exactly a high end helmet.  About a year ago I started looking for a replacement but had a real hard time finding a helmet that fit my head.  I tried a bunch of helmets but ended up with the new Sedici modular.  It's fiberglass & Kevlar and is only $200 at Cycle Gear.  I recommend trying one on.  Ultimately your head shape will determine which helmet(s) will work for you.

VWCarlos

I have a LS2 OF569. I ride a cruiser so I never leave the payment on purpose... Great helmet for the price and has an internal sun shade and a face sheild. I just got it back in September but so far so good...
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

maydaymike

I currently use a Nolan N44 that I'm pretty happy with.  I've actually had three of this style(N43, N43e, and N44), upgrading as they improved the design.

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

TechnoTherapist

All three of my full face helmets and one of my half helmets have a dark smoke drop down shield.  The Shoei Neotec is my favorite, however the HJC helmets I have are just as good.  None of them come down far enough to touch my face, all of them have enough room for regular glasses under them, and I don't have to constantly dig my sunglasses out every time I put on my helmet.  For the half helmet, it lets me only keep a pair of clear wind proof glasses on my trike, instead of keeping up with both clear and smoke.  I dig them and prefer to have them now that I've gotten used to them.

Cy

Izzy3

Love my Shoei Neotec.  It fits my long oval head shape nicely.

SpeedyR

I used an AGV K3-SV last weekend for a short ride. It has the internal visor. Light weight, no rattles/noises and was comfortable.

ironblood45

My dual sport helmet is a Bilt Explorer Adventurer. It was cheap but I've been really pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LawnmowerRG

I'm with Mully.
I ride in an Arai Signet Q with a Photochromic Pin Lock Insert.

I had a Shark Evoline and liked it. Once I went to the custom fit Arai I quit wearing all my other helmets.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.