Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2016 Barbers Vintage Festival - Oct. 7-9

Started by springer, March 28, 2016, 06:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

springer

I should be available most days for whatsomeever
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

jrobinson

I hope to be at Barbers sometime Thursday afternoon and help setup. I'll work the booth Friday til around 3-4pm. I may be able to work on Sunday and help tear down also.

KrisCook

I'll be there Thursday through Sunday if I can get a lineup of sitters.  I have written Thursday and Friday off on the company calendar, at least.  I'm looking forward it. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Chitza

The clock is ticking and the trailer needs filling! We need donations for the booth at Vintage. There's a holiday weekend coming up so there's an extra day to clean out your garage and still ride! Let a moderator know if you need a parts pick up or want to drop off!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

bblass

I've got some new parts that didn't fit my scoots to pass along along with a random assortment of take offs. I can consolidate and deliver or arrange drop off with the admins.

Also should be available to work the booth/ setup friday morning and I've got the old ST90 scooter Yamahamer  bought there last year too if a pit bike is needed for the weekend
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

SpeedyR

I'll be there most of the weekend. Will be good to put a face with a name so I'll make sure to stop by and hang out for a bit..

Been around motorcycles for a long time but never have made it to the vintage festival. Looking forward to seeing what the hubbub is all about.

Just a few questions-
1) I assume most of the hotels nearby are full. any recommendations? not sure if the folks I'll be there with have hotels lined up yet.
2) pit bike vs. street bike- what's the best way to get around? I will for sure take my street bike for after festival riding, but was also thinking to take my wifes KLX140L or daughters TTR50 but they're not tagged. Perimeter road still tagged only or is it mainly wear a helmet kinda deal?

Chitza

Speedy, will you be there as a vendor or just a visitor to the event? Not many hotels "close" to the park, so I'm sure they are booked, but worth a try. Other beat options are out Hwy 280/Inverness area or Trussville. Let me know if you have trouble or want to double check that the area is good. Pelham at Oak Mtn area is a good area, too.

Perimeter Road, all helmets all the time. No tag required.  No motorized vehicles allowed in the Fan Zone and none in the swap meet area during "open hours", usually about 9am to 5pm.

SpeedyR

sounds like they booked rooms at the Mariott CY in trussville. good to go there. I'll be there working so should be an interesting few days, hopefully a bit cooler than right now! I'll have my 1290 for getting in and out, and probably the 140 or 50 for scooting around the area.

thanks for the info and see you there!

Jeff

IceCold4x4

merc16

Dropped my 'cycle part/gear donation off yesterday with Yamahammer .
Justin

Chitza

I will be working on the Vintage trailer this weekend and making sure we are ready for set up. If you have parts for donation, let me know. I can arrange pick up or drop off. Countdown folks! We are almost there!

bblass

I've got some for donation. What's the planned pickup or drop off points?
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Chitza

I can arrange pickup at your place during the week or you can drop off at the trailer in Moody this weekend, probably Sunday.

ironblood45

I have a sportster exhaust here in Decatur someone near by can pick up if they'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chitza

What we need for Vintage:

1. Donations of parts or gear
2. A couple more easy ups, I have two lined up currently. Mine and the Bamarides easy up.
3. Folding tables. I have the long BamaRides table and my short one.

Thanks guys!! It's almost here!