News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

test drive opportunities

Started by Slede, June 28, 2016, 07:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slede

I know of one dealership that affords test rides on their new bikes, well two but Harley doesn't want you to get much further than the parking lot and well, I've rode many of those so I know what to expect. i'm thinking of stepping out and buying a new bike and i'd like to try them out before I stroke the check so to speak. I've rode a GS in a parking lot but never down the road or on a trail(or dirt road for that matter) and I've heard the older 990 ktms' running but that's about as close as I've come to twisting an adventure's ear.

I didn't forget the Honda, because well it's a Honda, it will be great, it would be a surprise if it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. as far as a ducati, well if you expect someone to just throw you the keys to one of those then you've been hanging around Scott too much because he's the only person that's ever even hinted at something like that.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Nice Goat

AllSport in Decatur usually has one or two demo bikes.

You are welcome to ride either of mine also.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Max Motorsports in Pelham has offered me test rides on a couple of occasions (even an RC8).

Shepcam

Pandora in Chattanooga does also, I know its a drive up there but may be worth it when it comes to forking out new bike money.
2013 Kawasaki Concours

Jwwr

Longshore Cycle Center in Florence has offered me a test ride before.

kdtrull

Quote from: Jwwr on June 29, 2016, 10:13:23 AM
Longshore Cycle Center in Florence has offered me a test ride before.

They will often offer a ride before you even ask.

klaviator

I have found that Bamarides is one of the best test ride opportunities out there.  When I was trying to decided between a Versys and FZ-8 I went on a group ride with Bamarides and there was one of each on the ride and I got to try them both.  I have swapped bikes with other riders on many occasions. 

When my wife and I were looking at a Yamaha Majesty at All Sports last year we asked Steve if we could take it for a ride.  He said it wasn't prepped but if we came back in an hour and a half he'd have it prepped for us.  So we did.  We ended up buying it.  Back when Midway Cycles was a scooter dealer they let me ride a few of the scooters.

Some dealers won't allow test rides but others will.  It really helps if you are a regular there and they know you. 

LawnmowerRG

Josh if you want to try a GS. Take mine for the weekend or Week if you want.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

polarissalesman

We allow test rides on all our bikes except SPORT BIKES...you can even test ride a slingshot... Most here know where I work... I won't advertise , you want to know where I work shot me a PM...
"keep the rubber side down"

Slede

Quote from: LawnmowerRG on July 04, 2016, 01:04:29 PM
Josh if you want to try a GS. Take mine for the weekend or Week if you want.

yours was the parking lot ride, I'd love to give it a run for real though. I would have never thought of one of those until that day.

I'd swap with you for a few hours/days if you where up for it, other things are happening now too so I don't know what's gonna come of it right now anyway. lol story of my life
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.