News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Glad you all are back up.......

Started by SloDon, May 22, 2016, 10:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SloDon

......a little over four years ago you all had a Ride and Video day just north of Birmingham.

You let a total dirt noob join you, welcomed me with open arms and had patience with my lacking skills! Well I am somewhat better off road now (but still slow!!!) and have since ridden the White Rim Trail in Moab, the major passes around Ouray and Silverton, the desert and mountains of the Big Bend area of Texas, the New Mexico backcountry and many places in between.

That is the spark that group and this forum helped fan!

So I am glad you are back and running and sorry it took me so long to return.

Here is the video I submitted for that contest and I want to thank all of you who were there that day once again.

As I said it started a new chapter in my riding life, one I am still enjoying!!!

Hope to join you this year for some rides.......
SloDon

'16 R1200 GS Adv IBA# 70255

http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

jrobinson

Glad to see you back. We are slowly rebuilding the content which was lost.

I've thought about having a video/slideshow "contest", thanks for reminding me again.

klaviator

Yo Don, are you the same SloDon that is on ADV and that I rode with a few times in N. GA and NC?

Brian A

I remember that day very well and I remember you.

I was fumbling through my old videos a week or so back and watched mine from that same day. I wondered at that time "Whatever happened to SloDon?".

Good to know you have been riding and having fun.

Mulley and I rode that same area in Colorado last year. Good stuff and good times. I would imagine you would say the same of your trip.

Still got the same DRZ 400?

lazeebum

welcome back from Florence! When the dual sport bug bites it don't let go.

SloDon

Klaviator, yes the one and only...... ;)

Brian A., still have it.........here it is in Moab.......and in CO.........you hit these two passes with Mulley?

Lazeebum, thanks!

SloDon

'16 R1200 GS Adv IBA# 70255

http://www.youtube.com/user/SlooDon#p/u

Brian A

Quote from: SloDon on May 23, 2016, 08:45:46 PM
Brian A., still have it.........here it is in Moab.......and in CO.........you hit these two passes with Mulley?

Heck I don't remember for sure. I think both of those and others. We stayed at Taylor Park and did a 3-day loop on the dualsports (covered several hundred miles) then the rest of the week was single track and trails in and around Taylor Park on the dirt bikes. Mill joined us (he moved to Idaho a year and half ago and drove from there). We all had 2 bikes so we got to enjoy both DS and offroad stuff.

I think it is awesome you still have the DRZ and have ridden the places you have. Really. That is super cool!
Share more info about your trips if you want to.

This short discussion lead me to go back and watch my video, which resulted in a big grin on my face.

You might recognize some of the stuff!