4th annual "Nowhere to be and All Day to get There" Oct. 21-23

Started by Al Goodwin, August 25, 2016, 04:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

Testing these dates for our ride from Vinemont, Al.  Y'all chime in if there's another ride or something we just can't miss going on these dates.

Ride in, or haul your bikes, we don't discriminate ;), to 377 County Road 1286, Vinemont, Al. 35179. 

We have plenty of room for tents, and RV's. 

Breakfast served that Saturday morning, so y'all won't have to pack anything if you campout Friday night. 

The ride this year will be up into Southern/Middle Tennessee...yeah, its an hour ride before it gets interesting :o, but it's worth it,.  We rode up there 2 years ago and it all went well.

Saturday night will be the movie night:  "Little Fauss and Big Halsey" is on the schedule again this year...A CLASSIC !!!!   Sorry John Alderman, but I make the rules on this ride.. 8)

So...pics and more details to come later...stay tuned.

kdtrull

I'll be working 6x10s or 7x10s the entire month of October for our refueling outage.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: kdtrull on August 25, 2016, 04:40:15 PM
I'll be working 6x10s or 7x10s the entire month of October for our refueling outage.

Don't you usually get sick around Oktoberfest time?

kdtrull

Quote from: Al Goodwin on August 25, 2016, 04:49:23 PM
Quote from: kdtrull on August 25, 2016, 04:40:15 PM

Don't you usually get sick around Oktoberfest time?

I think I do have some history of October Fever.
You have my full cooperation either way.

Fencejumper09

Definitely coming to this one. Hopefully the weather will hold out so we can watch the movie this year!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Al Goodwin

Tick Tock.....it's coming up next weekend....

Remember, everyone is welcome to come camp out Friday night, breakfast Saturday morning around 8... Head out about 9-9:30ish.....

Still haven't narrowed done a lunch stop.....and dinner Saturday night will be just whatever we can think of that's close.

How about a headcount.. I need to know if 10(TEN) POUNDS of bacon is enough. :o

James L

I can't come, and have never attended any event, but 10 lbs doesn't sound like enough for people from Alabama.

James L

zdc1775

Since I have never been on one of these rides what type or roads/terrain is planned? Depending on what kind I might be able to meet the group up north and ride.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: zdc1775 on October 17, 2016, 02:49:22 PM
Since I have never been on one of these rides what type or roads/terrain is planned? Depending on what kind I might be able to meet the group up north and ride.

It's a bit of highway, some 2-lane, dirt roads, and some lesser maintained dirt roads, a couple of creek crossings, and one old rickety bridge I'm headed out to take a look at Friday morning. 

"Big Bike" friendly....the bridge may be an issue ???, EVEN though, we had a Ural sidecar rig :o make it over it without issues. 8)

Al Goodwin

I've had some ask about the ride being a "dual-sport" only?  well, I'm sure any bike could do it, but there's some I wouldn't suggest it.

If anyone is willing to take the lead on a "street-only" ride I'm sure we could put a good route together...

Any takers? ???

zdc1775

Quote from: Al Goodwin on October 17, 2016, 04:16:02 PM
It's a bit of highway, some 2-lane, dirt roads, and some lesser maintained dirt roads, a couple of creek crossings, and one old rickety bridge I'm headed out to take a look at Friday morning. 

"Big Bike" friendly....the bridge may be an issue ???, EVEN though, we had a Ural sidecar rig :o make it over it without issues. 8)

I would be on a Tiger 800 XC with decent 50-50 tires. Sounds like I could make it through if the bridge would hold up.

I'll know more tomorrow about my schedule for the weekend.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: zdc1775 on October 17, 2016, 09:09:35 PM
Quote from: Al Goodwin on October 17, 2016, 04:16:02 PM

I would be on a Tiger 800 XC with decent 50-50 tires. Sounds like I could make it through if the bridge would hold up.

I'll know more tomorrow about my schedule for the weekend.

You'd be fine on the Tiger.....

We'll "one at a time it" across the bridge.