News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Florence to Leipers Fork 8/28/16, to eat lunch

Started by jeep8, August 29, 2016, 10:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeep8

I was asked to post some pictures of the sites, so I figured I would do a short report. I had not planned on doing a report or I would have taken more pictures, thankfully my wife took a few pics so I will post them up. We left Florence around 9am, wemt north and got on the Natchez Trace just above the Tenn. state line. Our first stop was at Jacks Branch on the parkway for a nature break. Small rest area with a bathroom and has a small branch running near. I was surprised how clean the restroom is.

Then we moved on and turned west at Grinders Station, the place where Meriweather Lewis was kilt. Rode around the park but didn't take any pics, cool place. Then up through holeinwall (hoenwald) and on to centerville,where we saw Minne Pearl, she seems nice.

Then up to Linn (Lynn) and saw 4 guys riding the Tenn Dirt Devil at a gas station, I tried to follow them but a quater mile into the trail I turned around because of a mud hole. After that got on I-840 for high speed run to the next exit and then down to Leipers fork. We had a very good burger but the fries were greasy. The music was also greasy. Greasy food = bad, Greasy music = good. You can't see the band in this picture but they are there.

We then rode through Thompson Station

Then Spring Hill, Columbia and on to Soda Pop junction, which was closed for a planned power outage, on to pulaski, minor hill, lexington, and on to Florence. Arriving home at about 4pm and 97 degrees.
We had a good day. I realised something on this ride. Speed limit signs are just suggestions , but deer crossing signs will slow me down to below the posted speed limits

Chitza

Keep up the good reports. You guys are making my "places to ride" list really long!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Nice Goat

Nice job, Jeep.  Wish I could have joined you, but I used up my hall pass on Saturday!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

Lot of cool stuff up that way.   So many roads, so little time.

Guidedawg

renchinrider

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun--97 degrees or not!  Hope to join y'all soon!

Rench
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!