News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Greetings from Chelsea

Started by Cheeseburger, September 15, 2016, 10:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheeseburger

Greetings everyone,

Been riding since 2007, Looking for other people to ride with in and around Birmingham.

I've got two bikes,

A 1981 Suzuki Gn400

and a 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 750

Guidedawg

Plenty of folks to ride with in the Birmingham area; you're definitely in the right place.
And bonus points for posting pics of the bikes without being asked!

Welcome from further south in Montgomery!

bergman32

mojo1

Welcome from Helena. I pass thru Chelsea quite often.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

kdtrull

VWCarlos

Welcome from another Montgomery rider
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Cheeseburger

Quote from: Guidedawg on September 15, 2016, 11:07:17 AM
Plenty of folks to ride with in the Birmingham area; you're definitely in the right place.
And bonus points for posting pics of the bikes without being asked!

Welcome from further south in Montgomery!

Thanks! And this Ain't my first Rodeo.

Nice Goat

Welcome.  That Vulcan looks nice!  I'v been thinking about getting a mid-size cruiser in the 750-900cc range.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Cheeseburger

Quote from: Nice Goat on September 16, 2016, 10:27:14 AM
Welcome.  That Vulcan looks nice!  I'v been thinking about getting a mid-size cruiser in the 750-900cc range.

If i Could make a recommendation, I would avoid the 750 vulcans unless your comfortable working on your own bike. I've owned this one since 2006, and it's an 04. It has been very finicky over the years. If you do some research you'll find that electrical problems are not uncommon. Neither is stators burning out, and when it does you can either pull the motor or cut into the case with a rotary tool (referred to as the tuxedo mod)

However, If you're comfortable with turning a wrench and consulting google occasionally. then you WILL NOT find a Smoother more powerful 750 out there.
I weigh 396Lbs as I'm writing this, My wife weighs 190Lbs (or thereabouts) and even though we're 200Lbs over the weight limit... It pulls us Just fine, I would dare to say it hauls Ass (mine and hers)

It's the only 750 I know of that makes 68Hp from the factory (which tends to be 10% underrated)

Chitza

Welcome, Cheese. And kudos to you for being brave enough to post your wife's weight! Very adventurous that is!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chuck & Susan

Welcome from LA.... Lower Alabama.... THE Redneck Riviera.... Welcome aboard!!!
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Cheeseburger

Quote from: Chitza on September 16, 2016, 11:47:34 AM
Welcome, Cheese. And kudos to you for being brave enough to post your wife's weight! Very adventurous that is!

lazeebum

Welcome from Florence. I don't think you'll have a problem fitting in here.

Chuck A.

Welcome to the forum. I to had a Vulcan 750. Didn't have any problems with mine other than the stator. Did the mod. It could be replace with in an hour. The seat and passenger backrest I did to mine was the best thing sense sliced bread. Stock seat was a killer for my azz.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

KrisCook

Welcome from Birmingham!  I love the look of that Suzuki.  We're glad to have you. 

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom