News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Pressured / Inspired to Post

Started by RollTide1, September 21, 2016, 08:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RollTide1

Kind of forced into posting this first introduction, or else face the consequences of seeing unflattering pics of myself, of course any pic of me is unflattering......Thanks kdtrull!

I'm Mike from North Alabama (Florence) and as you can see by my handle I'm an Alabama fan, but aren't most of the winners in this neck of the woods?  I just started riding as a way of keeping tabs on my kids and enjoy some good fellowship with friends and family.  My oldest son Cole wanted a fast sports bike, which scared me to death, so I talked him into getting a dual sport and staying more on the back roads and trails to maybe stay a little safer.  In doing that I was fortunate enough that some buddies from work Ken (kdtrull) and Jimmy (bamaduke) were already riding the dual sport scene and had a lot of info to share.

20160918_103540 by Mike Adcock, on Flickr

That's Cole and me on a ride this past weekend.

I just recently purchased a 2009 Yamaha XT250 for myself and a Suzuki DR200SE for my youngest son Jordan.  He hasn't really started getting out on the roads and trails yet, but it shouldn't be long.  Cole purchased a 2013 Suzuki DR650 a month or so back and we've really enjoyed our first few trips.

20160831_185255 by Mike Adcock, on Flickr
Here's a pic of Jordan on his bike.

20160820_131816 by Mike Adcock, on Flickr
And here's Cole on his bike.

I really enjoy the back road rides with some off road areas and creek crossings.  It's been a blast!

FB_IMG_1471954020570 by Mike Adcock, on Flickr
Here I am on my first creek crossing!

20160918_124653 by Mike Adcock, on Flickr
And here's a pic of the whole crew on our last ride. 

Anyway, I'm excited about future rides and making new friends in the process.  Thanks for looking!

kdtrull

/\  That's the way to do it....except for the coercion part.  I haven't done that since yesterday.

Welcome to the Bama Rides...from you know where.

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

bergman32

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery!  I'm glad your son saw the wisdom of your dual-sport suggestion.  It's great that you are going to be able to ride with your boys and you'll have plenty of support here.

jrobinson

Welcome from the east side of the state.

Riding offroad on the 650 will greatly increase Cole's safety IF he ever decides on a sport bike. We have a few members riding 650's, that can embarrass some sport bike guys.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

VWCarlos

Welcome from the other Montgomery rider. Those dual sport bikes look like a lot of fun. I have been looking at them online and looking for that deal that I can't pass up. Enjoy the bike and time with your kids. Oh yeah and War Eagle!  ;D
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Guidedawg

Quote from: VWCarlos on September 21, 2016, 01:13:55 PM
Oh yeah and War Eagle!  ;D

The reflections of this poster do not necessarily reflect those of all Montgomery riders.

;D

Chuck A.

Now thats an intro! Welcome aboard.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

mojo1

GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

James L

Chuck & Susan

Welcome from LA... Look us up if ever in the area... Maybe see you up north sometime on a ride...
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck & Susan

Ok I was trying to hold my tongue But I just gota do this even if it is not a motorcycle pic...

another toy of ours.... ROLL TIDE!!!!
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

RollTide1

That's what I'm talking about!  Roll Tide!