News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Start of Riding Season Flash Mob - 2nd Annual

Started by jrobinson, December 27, 2016, 10:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

This is still in the planning stages, but we need some input. We'll give it a week then set everything in stone.

We would like to have a get-together in February for Bamarides members. This will be a family friendly event that you can bring your better half and/or the kids. Here's some of our ideas.

Bamarides will furnish hotdogs, burgers and drinks.

We want at least 4-5 people to present a slideshow/video of their riding, racing or touring adventures. This can be as long or short as you want.

We are thinking early afternoon, 1-2pm on a Saturday or Sunday. This will allow for travel time.

We are looking for a good location to meet at.  I can get the firehall in Trenton(25 miles east of Huntsville). We have a 40X50 area with heat, grill, restroom, tables, chairs and projector & screen.

If you have access to something similar closer to Bham, that may be better. That will depend on who is interested in attending.

Respond if you are interested, days that would be best, if you have an adventure to present or preferred location.

klaviator

I'm interested and will attend if I can.  I can do a slide show as well.  I'm already booked for the weekend of Feb 18/19 but should be able to make any other weekend in Feb.

renchinrider

Ditto Klaviator.  We're still doing a reno on our house, so it's hard to guarantee I can make it.  But I'll give it my best, and if I'm able to make it, I'll bring a thumb drive with a mix of pix from my riding days in Japan.  I'm guessing you'd like participants to bring some eats/treats to complement everything that's furnished?
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Al Goodwin

Depending on the date.....I could put together something from our summer riding.

jrobinson

Chitza

I'm in, Johnny. Let me know what you need. I have no preference on date or place.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Al Goodwin

Quote from: jrobinson on December 27, 2016, 11:14:38 PM
what days are you off?

I'm only off work 2 weekend days in January, Sunday the 1st, and Saturday the 28th.

I'm off every weekend in February. 3/4, 11/12, 18/19......

Moto Guzzi

I'm interested but only can do Saturdays.  Last February's get together was quite enjoyable.

Nice Goat

I'm in for a Saturday or Sunday event.  No preference on date or place.  I can bring stuff also...just say the word.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

TFancher

I'm in. No preference on weekends or days. I've got a few pictures from the ride to Keys. Allen has a lot from Alaska.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

KevinB

No preference on date...with enough lead time I can put in for off time if I'm scheduled to work.

HSVScott

I'm interested...  Sounds like fun.  I can present some pix I took at last year's Vintage Festival at Barber.

maydaymike

Interested.  Especially if it's in a more central location.  Aren't there a few here in the Cullman area?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

jrobinson

OK, I'm looking at Feb 18, on a Saturday. I'll host it at the firehall in Trenton unless anyone has idea for a more central location. If we don't come up with something in a couple days I'll post up with the Trenton location.