Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Victory is no more

Started by norton73, January 09, 2017, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

I have heard their ATVs have been having some problems as well.  I hope they turn things around.

polarissalesman

this posted today .....     http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company/article/victory-motorcycles-important-announcement guys if you own one this a death sentence for your bike and investment...  :(
"keep the rubber side down"

Nice Goat

Everybody's coming out of the woodwork to report on this one ... I merged all three threads.

Honestly, if Victory was just going to continue making cruisers, then I'm not sorry to see them go.

Indian will probably come out with a scrambler, but everything else will just be bigger, more elaborate pirate ships.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

norton73

I was hoping that Victory could be come the brand that Polaris could feel free to experiment, make sport bikes, dual sports, etc. They could use the Indian brand as the cruiser/bagger/tourer for the more traditional market.
By sticking to the traditional V-twin cruisers, Indian is going to find the same thing that HD has discovered, the baby boomers that grew up with big twins are now getting too old to ride and the market is shrinking. Even the Scout is too big to attract new riders.
Maybe they will build a street legal version of the FTR750.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Chuck A.

The new Polaris store in Decatur, across from the Chrysler dealer, has a sign out saying "Now Hiring". Bet this is a kick in the sheen to them.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Nokose

Ya know, I like my CCT just fine for the long haul and it should last me for a goodly time, urinate on em.
The way I see it, I just need to get me a nice mid size for tooling around town and I should be set.

hawkvtx

I have mixed feelings on this. I've been wanting to get a Vision for a while now but just haven't been in a position to buy. However it may be a good opportunity to get one at a good discount but at the same time accessories and even after market items could be hard to come by. So what to do what to do??? I like the Vision because of the integrated fairing similar to the Goldwing but with a V-twin. I've also thought about the F6B but it doesn't have the electric windshield , heated seats and heated grips as standard equipment like the Vision does. This sucks.
:'(
2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

JBMFT

F6B, no question. To me the Vision always looked like something out of a bad sci-fi movie.

ka4pse

Well here's a couple posts from another board I puruse. The V4Musclebike Forum...

From ScratchNDent,

"I read that they are planning parts support for 10 yrs. For most people, that seems like a pretty good term, but for guys that own 30 year old bikes, it seems a bit on the short side. That would be a tough call for me. That Magnum X1 is a sweet looking ride, no doubt about that."

From MagnAndy,

"Parts support for 10 years means that they will run enough parts projected to last for 10 years before they stop producing - or for some parts they will buy them from sources for 10 years as needed. After that they stop adding to their inventory but they still sell whatever they have in stock. This is a pretty standard arrangement and is what Honda did for our bikes and some parts are still in stock 3 decades later - especially those in common with later model bikes.

This is why a few years ago I bought new V65 Magna clutch spring from Honda but they are no longer available - - - the stock finally ran out.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about the bike being out of production. If I still had it in 7-8 years I might start building a parts stockpile or wait and get a parts bike."

MagnAndy

Both these guys are very knowledgeable about our old V4 Bikes and Bikes in general. I respect their opinion quite a lot. Besides, It is on the internet so it has to be true.  ;D

See yous guys,

Stewart
Slapout, Alabama

1985 Honda V65 (VF1100S) Sabre
1985 Yamaha XT350

I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. "This is the 21st century, old man," he said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad." I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...