News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Any day you can go for a ride is a good day.

Started by klaviator, January 26, 2017, 10:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Yesterday was another beautiful day, more like spring than winter.  I had an appointment to go to the dentist for a cleaning and checkup.  Going to the dentist is never something I look forward to but it was an excuse to go for a ride!  It's about 10 miles to the dentist and I choose the route that maximized the number of curves.  There were a few nice curves but lets face it, this was not going to be like Deal's Gap.  The scenery was no match for Utah, or even Jackson County. 

As I was riding along I just thought how great it was to be out on the bike.  The wind rushing by.  The scenery passing by.  The engine humming along underneath me.  That feel as I leaned the bike into the curves......

I know Ya'll know what I'm talking about.  I thought about the millions of people who have never experienced this.  They have no clue what they are missing.  Then there are the thousands of fellow riders in northern states and Canada who look out at the snow, ice and frigid temperatures who would love to be able to feel what I was feeling but the closest they will come to it for weeks is sitting on their bikes in the garage and making Vroom, Vroom noises.  They know what they are missing.

Yeah I'm lucky to be living in Alabama where I can ride all year. 

After the Dentist I got to get on the bike and got to ride back home!  I got to go riding so it was a good day! 

I think this is the first time I have done a ride report without any pics.  I guess I'll just have to post an old one.

Guidedawg

And yet still an excellent report because most of us experienced the same feeling while reading it.  Well, many of us also joined you by being out on our bikes yesterday since the weather was so nice, but my ride to and from work is only 10 minutes.