News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Summer/ Fall Bike Show

Started by Campbell92, February 18, 2017, 09:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campbell92

Who would be interested in a summer/fall bike show? Try to get riders, collectors, designers involved. Hold the show in an old warehouse or something inside. Outside can even be an option. Have food, drinks, food trucks, etc. Incorporate a ride along with the event. I have seen huge shows across the nation and the closest I have seen (outside of Barbers, that is a complete different animal lol) is in Atlanta. We have several riders in Alabama and the South East. I just think it would be a cool event to maybe try to get together, make it open to the public, and get even more people involved in riding.

klaviator

Quote from: Campbell92 on February 18, 2017, 09:46:47 AM
Who would be interested in a summer/fall bike show? Try to get riders, collectors, designers involved. Hold the show in an old warehouse or something inside. Outside can even be an option. Have food, drinks, food trucks, etc. Incorporate a ride along with the event. I have seen huge shows across the nation and the closest I have seen (outside of Barbers, that is a complete different animal lol) is in Atlanta. We have several riders in Alabama and the South East. I just think it would be a cool event to maybe try to get together, make it open to the public, and get even more people involved in riding.

Sounds like a good idea if you can find a place to hold it.  It would also be a great place for clubs or organizations like Bamarides to set up a booth and advertise themselves.  I'm sure there are many clubs that would participate and get the attendance up.  Just here in Huntsville we have several groups on Facebook like the vintage club that might be interested.

So yeah, great idea!  I'd do my part to help get the word out.

Campbell92

I talked to Sammy Stetler with the N. AL Vintage Bike club and he loves the idea. I think it would be pretty awesome. I have seen things like The One Moto Show and it has brought in people from all around the country. It would great to have one in our area.

norton73

I would suggest a spring show. Fall is already taken with the Barber event. If you want out of town folks, they won't want to make two trips in the fall.
A spring/kick off the riding season show would IMHO be a better choice. Maybe time it so people coming back from Daytona can stop in, talk to the folks in the TN Valley Flat Track to do a race , just throwing out ideas.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

renchinrider

Hi, Everyone!

Are you aware of the upcoming Athens, AL Motorcycle and Car Show?  It's on April 29th, on the Athens square.  North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club's own Tom Schumann is working with the Athens organizers to set up the motorcycle component of the show.

If any of you are interested, please send me a message so I can help get you in contact with either Tom or the Athens-based organizers so you can set up a booth or display of some kind.

Regardless of group activities, please plan to bring your bikes out and enter them in the bike show!  It's open to all makes and models, and is going to be a great time!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Campbell92

I like the idea of a car show and bike show but I am more aiming for bikes. Possibly vintage race cars if there are any in the area. That could change though.