New to forum, just introducing myself

Started by AUspicious, April 23, 2017, 07:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUspicious

Hey, folks.  I'm up in Decatur.  Been riding several years.  Rode a little as a kid and then took a long break.  Started back up as a "mature adult."  Got back into the game with an SV650 several years ago.  After that, got a gixxer 1000 while I was still young enough to enjoy it but old enough to ride it responsibly.  Having scratched that speed itch, I bought a Heritage Classic. 

I don't have a lot of friends who ride, so I'd like to join up with some of the organized trips posted on the boards. 

I also plan to ride to PCB in a couple weeks for the Thunder Beach Rally.  Wouldn't mind meeting up with other riders who are headed that way. 

Chitza

Welcome, AU. Keep an eye on the Lets Ride and Planned Rides threads. When you see something you like, post up and show up. It's that simple. Glad to have you on board.

Post pics when you can. We like pics...of bikes :D
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

jrobinson

Welcome from Paint Rock Valley, east of Huntsville.

Watch for rides and post up like Chitza said.

Holler if you have any questions.

Chuck & Susan

Welcome from the Gulf Shores area.  Lots of good people on here.  Just keep watching the posts and you will find something you will like.

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

AUspicious

Well, since you asked for pics...  My two previous bikes (SV650 and GSX-R1000) and my current ride.

norton73

Welcome.

Didn't they explain to you that you're not supposed to sell your old bikes? We expect new members to be developing a stable.

;D
Loose nut holding the handlebars

bergman32

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KrisCook

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

VWCarlos

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Al Goodwin

WELCOME from Vinemont, Al......

I work up in Decatur.

renchinrider

Welcome from Huntsville!

Please watch for my weekly activity reports in the Vintage thread.  I post all the North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club's upcoming activities there.  You're invited to any/all of them.

If you go to Sam's Sports Club on the Decatur beltline after 5 pm on any Thursday eve, you'll meet a lot of cool riders.  Every first Thursday of each month is focused on vintage bikes, but most all the riders meet there every Thursday they're able. 
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332