Main Menu

Blue Plate to Allsport 6-17-17

Started by klaviator, June 12, 2017, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Meet:  Blue Plate cafe 7540 Memorial Parkway in Huntsville

Time:  Ride brief 8:50  AM
          KSU 9:00  AM

This ride will take us to Allsport in Decatur for the Forum/Club appreciation day.  Instead of just droning over to Decatur on the interstate we will take the scenic and less direct route through Morgan County.  I'm still working on the exact route but expect some curvy country roads.  I plan on doing a different route from last time.  We should get to Allsport around 10:30 to 11:00.

The pace will be semi sporty but as always everyone ride at their own pace and we will wait for everyone at intersections so no one will be left behind. 

The Vintage Club normally has breakfast at the Blue plate cafe at 8:00 on Saturday mornings.  Come early if you want breakfast but be ready to go by 9:00.  we'll take a break for part way through for gas, rest room, drinks etc.

Weather forecast for Saturday is high 80s with a chance of T storms.  It should be nice in the morning. 

BuckeyeDoug

Same weather for Saturday too........

klaviator

Quote from: BuckeyeDoug on June 12, 2017, 08:49:35 PM
Same weather for Saturday too........

Oops.  I'll go back and fix that ::)

klaviator

I went out today a pre rode the route for this ride.  It's an hour and a half of riding, maybe longer depending on the speed of the slowest rider.  There will be a gas/drink/restroom stop a little over half way.  I'll post a few pics as soon as Photobucket starts working again >:(

klaviator

Photo bucket is back up so here's a few pics from the route we will be riding.

klaviator

No responses.  Anyone planning on joining me on this ride?  I'll be going regardless.  I expect some of the vintage club will come on the ride.

Chuck A.

I'll be there, barring nothing changes between now and then. That's the one on 231 in the construction area, right?
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

klaviator

Quote from: Chuck A. on June 16, 2017, 02:57:51 PM
I'll be there, barring nothing changes between now and then. That's the one on 231 in the construction area, right?

That's the one.  It's right by Rosie's Cantina.

Nice Goat

I'll be there for breakfast and ride.  Looks like it will be a nice day after all.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Hammerdown77

I'm going to try to make it there a little before the ride brief. Probably won't make it for breakfast, though.

Riding the V-Strom to see if it might magically seek out its next owner :)
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

klaviator

I managed to get up early enough to make it for breakfast.  There was a big turnout and we filled up the big table they had set aside for the Vintage club.  As always the food and service was very good and prices reasonable.  The company and conversation was great too.

There was a nice collection of bikes in the parking lot.

I remember when this was one of the hottest bikes around.  It still looks cool today 8)

Then we headed out for the ride.  I think we had 9 bikes total.  Being the ride leader I didn't take many pics.  I did get this one on a big hairpin looking back at the tail end of the group.

We took a break along the way.

Then some more back roads before we had to get on 67 through the busy part of Decatur.  We lucked out and only got stuck at one or two red lights :)

Total time for the ride including the stop was about 2 hours.  Morgan County has some pretty nice roads.  I need to go back and do some more exploring and maybe lead another ride in that area.  Thanks to everyone who came along.

After that it was a great time at Allsport.  I'll post that stuff in the thread for this event:  http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=1827.0