News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Vintage Club ride to Lynchburg

Started by klaviator, July 01, 2017, 05:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

At the last minute I decided to join the Vintage Club on their ride this morning.  It would also be the first long ride for my new Smax scooter.  So i headed over to the Blue Plate Cafe.  I was too late for breakfast (I ate at home) but not to late for the ride.  There was a good sized group for breakfast with 8 of us going on the ride.

Since the future of Photobucket seems to be in question, I'm giving SmugMug a try

klaviator

And off we went.  No problems keeping up with the big bikes on my mighty 155cc scooter.

After some nice back roads we got to Lynchburg.

We had lunch at one of the restaurants on the square but I didn't get any pics.  I guess I wasn't in a real picture taking mood as there was a lot of discussion at lunch over future photo hosting problems and not just with photobucket. 

After lunch I checked out the Diamond Gusset jeans store.  They did have their kevlar reinforced jeans on sale but I didn't get any.

Then we took the scenic route back home.  I'd tell you where we rode but I really have no idea :o

All I know is that we rode some fun roads.

We did ride in the rain for a few minutes.  It felt good to get out of the heat for a bit.

Last stop was in Fayetteville.

Then we split up and headed for home.  My total for the day was 203 miles. 

So how did the little scooter do?

Well for one thing running at the high speeds required to keep up with the big bikes made it really such down the gas.  I filled up twice.

First time:  97 miles / 1.06 Gal = 94 MPG  :)
Second time  100 miles / 1.16 Gal = 86 MPG  :)

It was a good group of people to ride with and a fun day.  I'm glad I went.

klaviator

A pic from lunch stolen off of FaceBook:

renchinrider

So glad you decided to join us, Win!  Look forward to riding with you again any chance I get.

Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Guidedawg

I hate that your gas mileage suffered for the effort  ;D