News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Possible swap meet and yard sale

Started by Campbell92, July 06, 2017, 10:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Campbell92

We at Allsport are doing some brainstorming and thinking about doing a 1 or 2 day yard sale and swap meet. Anyone and everyone is invited. We have a ton of new old stock that we are itching to sale or even give away/trade. We would have this event open for any sort of powersports. We as well as many other people sometimes lose track of time and cant post everything to ebay, craigslist, etc.. We are also aware sometimes you don't know you need it until you see it. We are wanting some input to see what people think. We would love to make this a yearly event that happens once or twice a year. We could have food, drinks, games etc. Like stated earlier this would be for all powersport, so there would be people from all walks of life selling: boat equipment, motorcycle parts, tools, atv accessories, old collectibles, farm equipment...you name it.

What do you think? When do you think we should have such an event? We are open to any and all opinions.

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

ktmer

Heck I have so stuff I need ti unload! Where is your place??

jrobinson

Quote from: ktmer on July 06, 2017, 02:55:09 PM
Heck I have so stuff I need ti unload! Where is your place??

They are in Decatur on the Beltline and Hwy 24

ktmer

Thanks! Are they connected with Shoals Outdoors?

jrobinson

ktmer

My fault I was thinking of another dealership. Thanks for the information.

Chuck A.

Man Yeh! post up a date and folks will come. ;)
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

renchinrider

Seth, Ray Price Harley-Davidson in Raleigh, NC used to do an annual swap meet (maybe they still do--I just haven't followed it since we moved west), and they did the same thing with their NOS and leftover racing parts.  It was a huge event that drew buyers/sellers/traders from all over the place.  I think you'd have great success if you get announcements out in time for people to dig out their excess and get it over to your place for a day of trading!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Campbell92

Quote from: ktmer on July 06, 2017, 03:14:16 PM
Thanks! Are they connected with Shoals Outdoors?
We are not. We are located at 2608 Beltline Rd Sw Decatur Al 35601.

Campbell92

When do you all think would be a good time? Fall? Spring? I know Barber is in October and several people will be getting ready for that. Would it be good for after? Before? We want to make sure to accommodate to all that we can to get as many people involved as possible.

norton73

Early spring.
People will be starting to think about riding and getting their bikes ready. Others will be cleaning out the garage.
You can get some floor traffic from people needing batteries, oil, etc.
Maybe even people deciding to trade for a new bike instead of cleaning carbs, buying batteries.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

merc16

What Mr. Norton 73 said and then is tax refund time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin