Greetings - what here before but took a hiatus

Started by basketcase, July 13, 2017, 02:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basketcase

By way of intro: real name is Rick. The basketcase username is a nod towards some of the motorcycles I've owned.

I'm married with two grown and married children, and three grandchildren. My wife and I live in a quiet neighborhood with nearby access to countless country roads (paved and unpaved) for my mostly therapeutic riding habits.

Key words: former Marine, truck guy, motorcyclist, and teacher/educator.

I've loved all things with two wheels since learning to ride a bicycle on a Hale County dirt road at age five. My first motorcycle was a Suzuki TC-90. Since then it's been Hondas and BMW's until I bought a DR650 and rode the Continental Divide Trail in July 2010. The VStrom 650 in the photo may become my last motorcycle.

Not much else to tell. Eventually I'll get out and will make it to some of the organized stuff and meet some of you.

Current rides: 2001 GL1800; Gone away: 5 BMW's, 4 Honda's, 3 Suzuki's
------------
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius

Chuck & Susan

Welcome back.... we are in Lower Alabama but travel north when we can. In fact are putting together a Flash Mob tour next week. Check the EVENTS thread for more info of one in your area. Bring the wife and come out and join us and whoever else shows up.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

jrobinson

Welcome back.

Holler if you have any questions.

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

ktmer

LawnmowerRG

Welcome back.
Good intro and hope to ride with you soon.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.