Main Menu

North Georgia Dual Sport ride Aug 5th

Started by klaviator, July 16, 2017, 06:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

springer

Quote from: this_guy on August 02, 2017, 04:48:39 PM
Quote from: this_guy on August 02, 2017, 04:18:04 PM
I was planning to try the yellow and maybe the red trails on the Smokey Mountain 500 this weekend. Maybe I'll just go do the Suches with you guys.  You checked the weather yet? Looking like rain.

I'm new to this site, I hope mentioning rain in a trip thread isn't a major faux pas!
Naw, it is not.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

Yes it does look like a chance of rain with the worst threat being on Sunday for the trip back.  A little rain will keep the dust down on the trails :)   

If I cancelled ride every time it might rain I wouldn't ride much.  If it looked really bad I would cancel but the forecasts I have seen don't look that bad.  It also won't be very hot this weekend.

this_guy

Yeh, the weather is looking pretty good for Saturday. I'm game. I'll meet you there Friday night.

I just got some knobby tires for ye' ole Vespa. This should be interesting!

this_guy

And I have an empty spot on the trailer if someone needs transport. I'm leaving Friday after work and coming back Sunday when the fun is over. You can take your own car or ride with me.

klaviator

I'll see you there.  I'm leaving Friday morning and riding.  They serve dinner until 8 PM on Friday and there is no place else close to eat so plan accordingly.  Breakfast starts at 8 Sat. Morning.  I won't be in any rush to get on the road Sat morning since I expect Al and Melony to roll in late Fri night as well.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: klaviator on August 03, 2017, 11:23:43 AM
I'll see you there.  I'm leaving Friday morning and riding.  They serve dinner until 8 PM on Friday and there is no place else close to eat so plan accordingly.  Breakfast starts at 8 Sat. Morning.  I won't be in any rush to get on the road Sat morning since I expect Al and Melony to roll in late Fri night as well.

In late, but we're quick with the tent set-up, we've had lots of practice....We'll be good with any time KSU on Saturday morning.

See y'all at breakfast, 8am... 8)

this_guy

I was up till 2 fixing stuff, but I'm good to go.

I've still got an empty spot on the trailer if anyone wants to throw your bike on and head to Suches. I'm leaving HSV around 6pm.

See ya at breakfast!

klaviator

Al Goodwin

SpeedyR

I might be up there around lunch time so if you see a solo 950 with a white tank that's probably me... But headed back to Atlanta after a short stop...

If anyone needs help on the way thru/around Atlanta give me a shout.

Jeff

this_guy

Just pulled in. About midnight local time.

klaviator

I'm made it back home after a great weekend.  The ride report is here:  http://bamarides.com/ride/index.php?topic=2014.0