News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Five Lakes

Started by kdtrull, July 29, 2017, 10:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

TVA manages a cluster of five small lakes just NE of Lexington TN.  I've read about them and seen a few pictures but have never visited there before.  It's actually a pretty quick trip from the house....couple hours of backroads up and a couple hours back.

The topography doesn't look very impressive on a map.  But, there are actually some quite nice elevated views along the way.

It's not a densely populated area but it was still striking to see just how few people were using the lakes.
Redbud Lake:

Next up was Dogwood Lake:

Not a soul to be found:

Then, it was on to the largest of the five lakes.  Pin Oak Lake had some activity.  I took a water break there and saw several recreational boaters out having some summer fun:

The northernmost lake is Browns Creek Lake:

A little farther north on Pin Oak Lake:

At Pin Oak lake, there are nice day use areas as well as camping areas with full RV hookups.

Moving along to Cedar Lake.  Desolate....no people to be found.  What an underused resource.

Some access areas are readily marked.  On others, you just have to know where to turn or have a GPS or map to know where to turn.  It's quite obvious....I am strongly opposed to using any kind of GPS.   :o

It's a nice ride up if you're ever so inclined....easily done on a day ride from most north or central Alabama locations.  It'd be ok to take highways to get in the general area but you'd be serving yourself poorly if you didn't hop off on some backroads once you get in the area.  Corinth Rd, in particular, was great.

Continuing farther north into the Natchez Trace State Park, north of I40, is on the radar next.  Interesting:  The Natchez Trace State Park area is actually no where near the Natchez Trace Parkway that most are familiar with.  Google maps shows that area to be riddled with trails but it is unclear to me, at this time, if motorized vehicles are allowed.

Nice Goat

Nice!  I wonder how much traffic they get on a 3-day weekend...?

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."