News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Small Bike Ride(s)

Started by klaviator, August 08, 2017, 12:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I saw that Merc16 just got a Z125.  I know there are a few more of you out there with small bikes.  I'm not talking 100MPH Ninja 250s.  I'm talking under 200cc or so.  I'm just wondering if there is any interest in getting some small bikes together for a ride.  Here's some possibilities:

1.  Meet somewhere in Alabama for a day ride.

2.  Meet somewhere for a weekend ride.  I'm thinking someplace like Deal's Gap, Tellico Plains, Two Wheels of Suches or some other place with great roads.

3.  The True Grits 50cc rally will have a "gromish" class this year for Grom sized bikes.  I'm not sure of the exact rules but I'm thinking of going.  It's October 28th.  Here's a link: http://www.champsclock.com/50cc.htm#Download

I'm up for any of the above.  Post up if you are interested and what small bike you have.  Don't have a small bike?  There's plenty of time to go get one ;D

Chitza

Interested. 1966 Honda ct90(150cc)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Fencejumper09

Paging Icecold4x4 with the Kazuma!!

May need some lights to get a tag!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

DachshundUberAlles

I ride all over Tuscaloosa on my 2017 GROM. I've only seen one other down here. I cruise around Leeds during the lunch breaks when I'm at Barber for track days. Be there Saturday (8/12).
I'm a guessing you're talking about hauling them to the meeting place on the "Meet somewhere in Alabama fir day ride".
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

IceCold4x4

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on August 09, 2017, 06:56:52 AM
Paging Icecold4x4 with the Kazuma!!

May need some lights to get a tag!

don't think the kazuma can be tagged unless it gets a larger engine the south dakota loop hole requires 200cc if memory serves correct. plus no that thing vibrates the bars almost as bad as ben's ktm vibrates the pegs at 70....

merc16

Justin

klaviator

Anyone have any suggestions or Ya'll just want me to come up with something?

I am planning on going to Suches for the True grits rally on Oct 28th.  Most likely I'll haul the bike there on Friday and camp at TWoS. 

I'd be up for a ride before that as well. 

merc16

Justin

klaviator

I don't know any good roads around Cullman.  Maybe Guntersville or Little River Canyon.  There's a lot of nice twisty roads in and around LRC.