News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Gymkhana Saturday Sept 23

Started by The Bikle Shop, September 03, 2017, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

Here's a link to some of the photos I took. I'm still sorting through them and should have more tomorrow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/difFI9o30M9weQWq1

Somebody was having a good time.  :bike-038:

Fencejumper09

I really really hate that I missed this one! Hopefully the next one is equally as awesome!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

KrisCook

My set of not-so-great pictars:

Banners up! (I did everything I could to get this pic turned around.  Photobucket is being bitchy.  I'll try again later)

The Circle of Trust:

The lot, laid out by Buzz:

The street, getting laid out by Buzz:

The signup table, laid out by Karla:

The back of some folks, including Sandy, being all badass and beautiful:

The backs of some more people, including the Reverend Johnny Robinson:

Speaking of badass, Lynn's Norton:

More badassery in the style of Norton:

A close inspection by Yamahamer:

Don, enduring some sort of internal pain, surely.  Or maybe someone was playing The Devil went Down to Georgia

Buzz, feeling like crap but still blowing us out of the water with his course-building skills:

Tiger!  And some other folks:

Standing in an admiration ring, around the Sunshine yellow 1947 Indian:

Aforementioned Indian:

Again, it was a blast.  I can't wait till the next one.  Rodney and Clark, thanks again.   :respect-058:

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

jrobinson

The rest of the pics I took have been added to the link I posted yesterday.

yamahamer

:respect-058: Great pics Johnny!
I can't thank all who were involved is set up, location, and participation of this event.  :applause-003: :applause-003: :applause-003:
I brought a green rider who had never even heard the word Gymkhana before and in the true Bama Rides tradition he was welcomed with open arms. Mighty can't stop talking about all of you and all he learned in a single day. I am so proud to call this my family!

dredman

Nice video!
Every bit of the effort that I put in was paid for by THAT dude's ear-to-ear grin, and watching him improve all day!  Loads of satisfaction comes from seeing a shaky(average) rider dramatically improve and double his confidence in a few hours of having fun.

Seeing everyone else RIDING was the gravy!

Vurrich

Growing up on a dirt bike had taught me fairly well how to handle my bike. Not to boast but the Gymkhana wasn't much a problem..

One thing I found I needed to practice a few times was a u-turn with a hill on a 2 lane road, going up hill and down hill turning, without dropping a foot the first time or two was difficult. Once you got it, you got it.

Throw that in the gymkhana!

Imho:
The most important part of riding is being able to handle your bike during the unexpected
The most important part of handling the unexpected is expecting the unexpected and having planned out.

Saying "I had to lay my bike down" is most often admitting to not handling the bike properly.