Barber AMA race weekend- short ride nearby?

Started by SpeedyR, September 14, 2017, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedyR

I'm more than likely going to be at Barber for part of the weekend. Will get a hotel near downtown somewhere as I'm bringing my 9 year old daughter with me. I'll bring my SuperDuke over and would like to take her for a short ride somewhere sunday morning for an hour or so.

Anywhere that might be a fun ride maybe from Barber or downtown area that's twisty but not too far away?

From years ago, I used to stay at 29 dreams so if I remember the route from Barber to 29 dreams (highway 25) was fun, I just have no recollection of distance and riding to get there. CRS syndrome...

Anyway if you see us at the track say hello! Probably will spectate around the indian in the woods on the back straight with some other friends and in the paddock. If you see an orange SuperDuke with Pirelli/Dainese/AGV stickers, wave!

LT

Quote from: SpeedyR on September 14, 2017, 10:36:26 PM
I'm more than likely going to be at Barber for part of the weekend. Will get a hotel near downtown somewhere as I'm bringing my 9 year old daughter with me. I'll bring my SuperDuke over and would like to take her for a short ride somewhere sunday morning for an hour or so.

Anywhere that might be a fun ride maybe from Barber or downtown area that's twisty but not too far away?

From years ago, I used to stay at 29 dreams so if I remember the route from Barber to 29 dreams (highway 25) was fun, I just have no recollection of distance and riding to get there. CRS syndrome...

Anyway if you see us at the track say hello! Probably will spectate around the indian in the woods on the back straight with some other friends and in the paddock. If you see an orange SuperDuke with Pirelli/Dainese/AGV stickers, wave!
From Barbers to Hwy 25 is only like 5 miles. Then the ride down 25 and back is a twisty 30 miles or so.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

kylepeterson

hi Jeff, see if this googlemymaps link works
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KSF7bVvAPnIw6yvgLmJ1l_5dY94&usp=sharing

the Bailey road section goes over a small wooden (slippery!) bridge, and there are horses at pasture if she would be interested in stopping for a watch.

the hilltop track will get you a decent view from the power lines. it's steep, but I bet she'll dig the ascent and descent on the Duke.

if the gmm links don't work, holler, and I'll email a gpx.

:-)

SpeedyR

got it. looks like fun. If it were the super enduro I'd hit the power line trail but on the 1290 duke I'll probably stick with pavement. :)