wandering around north of Madison into Tennessee Sat 9/16

Started by klaviator, September 15, 2017, 04:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

I plan on heading north into Tn and just wandering around trying to find some fun roads.  I have heard there are some really good roads up there and I want to check it out myself.  If anyone is interested in riding along, let me know and we can set up a time and place to meet.  I was planning heading north to Taft on old railroad bed road.  After that who knows. 

If you can't come but have some suggestions for good roads, go ahead and post them here.

Hammerdown77

Got Mom's funeral tomorrow, otherwise I'd be all over this.

Basically, run up to Taft (274), then go North and try every road that goes off of 274. Any road that has "Hollow" in the name will be good. Head over to Dellrose, TN, and run McBurg/Dellrose Rd North up to 64. Run East on 64 until you hit Delina/Booneshill Rd. (which runs North). When it changes to John Barnes Rd. (North) and Delina Rd. goes West, take Delina Rd.  Go until Ebenezer Hollow Rd., take that North. Then just get lost and take any road that looks interesting. Lots of fun roads up there, but most are not really high speed twisties, they're just cool chip n' seal backroads.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

klaviator

My condolences on your Mom :sad-055:

Thanks for the info. 

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson