5th Annual "Nowhere To Be, and All Day To Get There" ride. November 17-19

Started by Al Goodwin, September 16, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Nice Goat

Gave myself a radial fracture on my elbow, so ... I'm out.   :thumb-down-012:   :sad-055:
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

I'm working Friday night but as long as there aren't any unexpected delays at work I'll be there Saturday morning. 

norton73

Quote from: Nice Goat on November 13, 2017, 12:44:55 PM
Gave myself a radial fracture on my elbow, so ... I'm out.   :thumb-down-012:   :sad-055:

:sad-055:

My new to me KLX has a slipping clutch. I'm hoping it is because the PO put risers on it and the clutch cable is stretched and I cant get any freeplay out of it. Ordered a longer cable yesterday, supposed to be here Wednesday.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

renchinrider

Al,

(Weather dependent) Donata and I will travel down to spend the eve with y'all Saturday, then depart after the movie.  We'll bring some goodies to eat!

Look forward to seeing all of you!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

2372ighost

Looks like my plan to ride my first DS ride with knowledgeable folks is not going to happen. I am going to have to be out of town Saturday. What does Sunday ride comprise of?
Rich
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

bblass

I'll see ya'll Saturday morning for the ride and bring the rain gear. Looking forward to a dirty good time!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Al Goodwin

Quote from: 2372ighost on November 13, 2017, 10:26:39 PM
Looks like my plan to ride my first DS ride with knowledgeable folks is not going to happen. I am going to have to be out of town Saturday. What does Sunday ride comprise of?
Rich

No ride planned for Sunday, but we can always take suggestions and go for a ride.... Since we're riding some Bankhead Saturday, maybe we could ride southern/middle Tennessee Sunday :thinking-022:

It's and hour to get to the good stuff, but it's worth it....

David DoubleEX

I hope the chance of rain fades off.

So I'm pretty much stuck with riding the WR an hour and a half to get there but I'm kind of thinking about bringing a tent and sleeping bag on my back and staying the night. It will be nice to rest for a night before making the ride back home.

If anyone is coming through/near scottsboro trailering their bike... I'm all ears

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

Quote from: David DoubleEX on November 14, 2017, 12:08:28 PM

So I'm pretty much stuck with riding the WR an hour and a half to get there but I'm kind of thinking about bringing a tent and sleeping bag on my back and staying the night. It will be nice to rest for a night before making the ride back home.

If anyone is coming through/near scottsboro trailering their bike... I'm all ears

I've got an extra tent, or 4 :respect-048:....and sleeping bags(6 or 7 of them :crazy:)...no need to pack a tent or bag, I can put up an extra one. :DANCING-banana-032:

I may even round up a COT if sleeping on the ground is an issue.

Al Goodwin

I've got us about 60 miles+/- after lunch....with a couple of options.  I've got to go check out a couple of bridges, see if they're passable. :cool08:   Or, IF they're even there. :crazy:

If not, there's ways around them all. :bike-038:

norton73

Quote from: David DoubleEX on November 14, 2017, 12:08:28 PM

Did you contact Johnny? He should be hauling his bike over from Paint Bank
Loose nut holding the handlebars

jrobinson

Well that was the plan, but I have a project that I have to finish within the next week or so. I won't be able to make the ride this year.  :sad-055:

Al Goodwin

Starting to sound like 5 pounds of bacon will do it....but, then again :idea-013:, can you really ever have to much BACON??

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder