5th Annual "Nowhere To Be, and All Day To Get There" ride. November 17-19

Started by Al Goodwin, September 16, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

Another great event put on by Al and Melony.  They really go above and beyond when they host an event.  Not only is there some great riding but they feed us before and after the ride! 

A few days ago the weather forecast was not looking good.  When I got on the road this morning heading to Vinemont it was lloking pretty gloomy and even rained a little on the way down.  I figured the weather would keep the number of riders down but that wasn't the case.  There was a pretty good crowd feeding their faces when I arrived.  So I joined them.  Biscuits and Bacon!  Thanks AL and Melony.

Getting ready to go.

There were some new faces there, at least for me and some people I hadn't seen in a while.

We had 12 bikes and actually got on the road at the time Al had planned.

Al led us on some nice country roads over to Bankhead.

We stopped at the Flint Creek OHV trail parking area. 

At first only a few people seemed to want to ride it but then we all caved in to peer pressure and off we went.  I haven't done one of these OHV trails in quite a while.  I used to do them regularly when I had lighter bikes like my KDX200.  The heavy KLR is not the best bike for something like this but then I can't really use that as an excuse when some of the other riders had even heavier bikes. 

This must have been quite a story ;D

Fencejumper and his KTM:

Good thing the trail was not muddy today:

klaviator

After Flint Creek we rode some more roads, paved and gravel.

We stopped here to find a geo cache Kyle wanted to find.

There was a really interesting headstone.

The other side.  Somehow I just don't think I'd want my name on a headstone when I was still alive.

A good way to take a nap.

Lunch at Chef Troy's

By the time we finished lunch it must have been close to 3 so some of us headed home to try to beat the weather.  I did manage to make it home with only a brief rain on the way. 

It was a great day.  Thanks again Al and Melony :)

David DoubleEX

Hate that I missed this but glad that you guys had a good time. Will keep me eyes open for the next offroad ride!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

AT-AT

Thanks for taking all the pictures!  Do you mind if I share of these on facebook?  I didn't even realize you taking that one of me with my feet up while we were waiting on Kyle and David.

klaviator

Quote from: AT-AT on November 18, 2017, 08:55:05 PM
Thanks for taking all the pictures!  Do you mind if I share of these on facebook?  I didn't even realize you taking that one of me with my feet up while we were waiting on Kyle and David.

Use them for anything you want.

AT-AT

Thanks! It was a pleasure meeting and riding with you today.  Glad we both got out of the storm before it hit us!

klaviator

Quote from: AT-AT on November 18, 2017, 09:03:20 PM
Thanks! It was a pleasure meeting and riding with you today.  Glad we both got out of the storm before it hit us!

Hope to ride with you again.

I also posted some pics in your intro post.

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

klaviator

AT-AT

Got some quick video while in bankhead wasn't going very fast and it isn't all to interesting but its the only thing
I really filmed.  Thanks again to all those that came out looking forward to doing something similar again soon.

Nice Goat

Quote from: AT-AT on November 19, 2017, 11:59:59 AM
...Got some quick video while in bankhead wasn't going very fast and it isn't all to interesting but its the only thing
I really filmed...

I actually found it very interesting.  Many people would not take their adventure bike on trails like that. 

Thank you for making the effort to record and post video!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

AT-AT

Quote from: Nice Goat on November 19, 2017, 12:05:22 PM

I actually found it very interesting.  Many people would not take their adventure bike on trails like that. 

Thank you for making the effort to record and post video!
You can thank David he bullied me into it hahaha. 

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk