EEZY PEEZY Dual Sport Ride Sunday 10am Helena Al

Started by dredman, September 16, 2017, 05:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dredman

So 2smoke says the gate is open in the CRWMA and there is some pretty good riding out there.  It has been awhile since I have ridden there and I would like to go back.  It will be moderate pace, and we will adapt the terrain to the riders, but I do NOT recall anything terribly difficult out there, so this would be a good ride for NOOBS, big bikes (650cc and up) or anyone brave enough to take a streetbike.  I would suggest the only requirement is some minimal experience in the dirt.  There will no singletrack, deadly hill-climbs, log-crossings or jumps.  We will also be less than 10 miles from pavement (most likely) and within cell service(hopefully).  The ride will be 2-4 hours, depending on interest, gates, water, and incidences.

If you have never ridden CRWMA, you should come on out.
If you have ridden CRWMA 30-times before - you will be leading the ride  :idea-013:
If you are frightened about what to expect, come on out, dip your toes, and make a decision out there, not in front of your computer.  :DANCING-banana-032:

This appears to be a great day for riding, and the area promises to deliver more than you can imagine - it IS a spectacle to behold.

Bring some water, a small sense of adventure, and maybe a camera?

Sunday 10am
Zaxby's Parking lot
30 Coalmont Rd, Helena, AL 35080

IceCold4x4

I was thinking about going to the ridge with the KDX but might trailer it out there and just ride dirty with no tag . . .

dredman

Quote from: IceCold4x4 on September 16, 2017, 06:39:25 PM
I was thinking about going to the ridge with the KDX but might trailer it out there and just ride dirty with no tag . . .

Come on out.  You can drop the trailer behind Zaxby's, or be safe and drop it 5 miles up on the dirt and we can pick you up  :applause-003:

dredman

Oh, and don't let me poo-poo the terrain, there is lots of fun stuff out there to ride, or watch others ride/crash the trickier stuff  :lol-049:  - so there is fun for everyone, every skill level, and lots of options

IceCold4x4

K looks like I'll be there on the smoker and Mr Blass will be there on his KTM 640. C ya in the am

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

IceCold4x4

Grabbing bfast at the taco hell next door

dredman

Wow that was a fun ride till it got hot, then there was that almost crash, then I almost got runtover by the new guy that has not even signed up yet.......then there was the Pub 261......then there was the tranny that followed IceCold to the bathroom.....then.......

I guess it can all wait till the ride report?

Coming soon!

bblass

Quote from: dredman on September 17, 2017, 05:55:52 PM
Wow that was a fun ride till it got hot, then there was that almost crash, then I almost got runtover by the new guy that has not even signed up yet.......then there was the Pub 261......then there was the tranny that followed IceCold to the bathroom.....then.......

Coming soon!

Thanks for putting this together, had a great time riding and meeting everyone

Dual Sport Sundays - coming soon to a forum near you
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

KrisCook

Ha!  Typical crazy BamaRides ride.  There's a vid in the works, I hope. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

2smoke

Yes it was hot! A fun ride and a great group!   :DANCING-banana-032:

Fencejumper09

I hate that I missed this one! I really enjoy riding out in that area!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

IceCold4x4

Quote from: dredman on September 17, 2017, 05:55:52 PM

Coming soon!
What? I didn't see anyone follow me into the bathroom.