News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Gymkahna ol' school....

Started by merc16, September 24, 2017, 04:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merc16

My daughter's dressage competition was today. It's the equestrian equivalent to gymkahna,  imho. There were so many applicants to compete, carpooling was requested for parking.What a great excuse for me to ride there. Wife and daughter rode with stable owner. She placed well but the main thing is the experience of being there. Probably what we all feel at Barber Vintage Festival.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

dredman

AGILITY=Gymkhana(horses, cars, motos)
Maybe we should add jumping to our events?
Maybe if we had more ladies-riders?
Maybe if there was beer?

Glad you got some gymkhana in man  :respect-048:

Chitza

Absolutely beautiful, Justin. Congrats to your daughter.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

KrisCook

Beautiful!  Mad respect.  Horses make me sneeze.   :respect-058:
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

springer

A very close friend of mine use to be very active in dressage competition and she was very good in it. It takes some mad horsemanship skills.  :respect-058:
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

kdtrull

merc16

Thank you guys and ladies for the kind compliments ! I'm sorry but shameless plug, lol :

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

kylepeterson

that's pretty cool. hopping on a machine and getting used to the controls/heft  is eeeeeeasy. hopping on an animal and trusting their brain to follow your inputs, instead of flopping on your body, that's courage. hats off, I can't do it. just watching on TV hurts my stomach.