News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Presenting...me

Started by aliensandexiles@gmail.com, September 30, 2017, 03:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensandexiles@gmail.com

:hi-002:
Thanks for the add (about a year ago)! I lurk around but have never really posted. Hopefully I will make more of an effort to change that!
I currently ride a 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad with a little over 55k miles. However, I really want to make the change from cruiser to dual sport. My end goal is to be able to start making miles and memories throughout the world. Yes, I was/am inspired by Charlie and Ewan (unashamedly), as well as the various guests and hosts on Adventure Rider Radio and ARR RAW. The time will come, even if not as fast as I would like!
In the meantime, I get out and ride as much as possible. My only notable achievement so far was an IronButt last year, riding from Tuscaloosa to Lafayette, Indiana for a bowl of beef stew at 9 Irish Brothers, back to Cullman for sleep. 1100 miles in 24 hours. No, I didn't get the certificate because I managed to wash my receipts in my jeans. Oh well, I did it.
See you guys out there...  :bike-038:

dredman

Nice intro, welcome Mark  :DANCING-banana-032:

RubyRider

Hi Mark. That was a heck of a ride!  :applause-003:

Welcome to the forum. I hang around Tuscaloosa a lot, maybe we can get together for a ride sometime.
If you aint smokin, you are eatin dust!

merc16

Welcome!  I'm near Tuscaloosa also.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

kdtrull

VWCarlos

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Chuck A.

Big Howdy from Hartselle. I too ride a '03 Kaw Vulcan 'Mad, 1500 that is.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

renchinrider

Welcome from Huntsville!  I've been wanting to do an Ironbutt, but time and opportunity haven't intersected yet.  Yours sounds like an interesting route I never considered before!  See you on the road!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery.  I'm on a big cruiser myself so maybe we can catch up before you start hitting the dirt. ;)

Fencejumper09

Welcome from Bham! I really enjoyed The Long Way tv shows as well! People in this world will find something negative to say about anything!

Good luck on making the shift to dual sport! I love my dual sport!  :bike-038:
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

ktmer