True Grits rally, Suches Ga, OCT 28, 2017

Started by klaviator, October 11, 2017, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Saturday October 28th is the date for this years True Grits 50cc rally in Suches GA.  I plan on attending this year.  I have been there during the event in years past and always thought it looked like a blast but I didn't have a 50cc bike to participate.  This year they are opening in to Grom sized bikes so I will be riding my Kymco Super 8.  It's a little bigger than a Grom at 150cc but performance should be similar. 

I'll be trucking my bike to Two Wheels of Suches on Friday and departing on Sunday afternoon.  For those of you with small bikes, this should be a lot of fun.  Here's a link to the info on this rally:  http://www.champsclock.com/50cc.htm

I will be camping.  Be advised that if you want to camp it will most likely be cold as Suches is at 2800 feet elevation.

There is an entry fee but it goes to a good cause.  Since it is all run on public roads you don't have to register to ride along but I plan on registering.  I will register on site so I can just cancel if the weather looks crappy.   If you don't have a suitable bike you can still show up and have a great weekend riding the awesome roads in the area. 

The actual ride starts at 1:30 in the afternoon.  You could come up just for the day and not camp or find a motel.  I plan on doing some riding in the morning and Sunday morning as well. 

I know we have a few other members with suitable bikes.  Anyone else interested in doing this?

dredman

always wanted to go, and this has been on my list for weeks, need to wait till that week to commit.
I want to shoot ground video, and maybe do some other interesting stuff besides riding?
Where are you camping?  Will there be space?  I can always find woods nearby if not?

klaviator

I will camp at Two Wheels of Suches.  It's a great facility and many of the participants will be staying there.  I think it's 15 bucks a night to camp.  There is a restaurant on site.  http://twowheelsofsuches.com/

Since there are no fixed camp sites, there is always room.

dredman

Quote from: klaviator on October 11, 2017, 11:29:14 AM
I will camp at Two Wheels of Suches.  It's a great facility and many of the participants will be staying there.  I think it's 15 bucks a night to camp.  There is a restaurant on site.  http://twowheelsofsuches.com/

Since there are no fixed camp sites, there is always room.

Looking forward to it  :applause-003:

Al Goodwin

work, work, WORK :violin-011: :violin-011: :violin-011: :thumb-down-012: :thumb-down-012: :thumb-down-012:

Y'all have fun.

klaviator

The weather for this was looking really crappy but it looks like the crappy weather system has slowed down and the weather should be fine for Friday and Saturday.  I may head home Saturday night.  I'll be watching the weather closely but as of right now I'm still on for this :DANCING-banana-032:

Chuck A.

Quote from: klaviator on October 24, 2017, 11:55:20 AM
...............as of right now I'm still on for this :DANCING-banana-032:

You are gonna school them on those roads over there for sure. :bike-038: :respect-058:
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

klaviator

The forecast for Saturday is cold and rainy so I think I'll just have to pass on this.  Maybe next year.

jrou111

Quote from: klaviator on October 26, 2017, 10:12:38 AM
The forecast for Saturday is cold and rainy so I think I'll just have to pass on this.  Maybe next year.

I'm planning on riding from Huntsville back over to GA once I drop my wife and kids off with her family in Harvest. If you need to get out and ride on Sunday, you're welcome to join me.

klaviator

Quote from: jrou111 on October 26, 2017, 01:36:36 PM
I'm planning on riding from Huntsville back over to GA once I drop my wife and kids off with her family in Harvest. If you need to get out and ride on Sunday, you're welcome to join me.

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll have to pass on that.  Enjoy the ride.  Maybe I'll catch you next time I'm in N. GA.