News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

hey from McCalla

Started by Motrctyman, October 20, 2017, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motrctyman

My wife & I hadn't ridden in over 35 years. Her first & only bike was a 71 Suzuki 125. My first & only was a 72 Triumph Daytona. We went to a Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival 5 years ago for fun, and my wife had to get another bike. We started looking for a bike and took the Motorcycle safety class in Montevallo. She then got a Yamaha VStar 250. She rode it the next year to the BVMF and decided it was time for a bigger bike. She then got a Suzuki S40. She rides it often to work at UA. So now I am looking for something similar, like a small cruiser. We normally don't take the bikes out of the Jefferson or Tuscaloosa counties. We've been to the BVMF 4 times now and look forward to it each year. So that's our story. We'll try to make it to a Gymkhana one of these days. Thanks for the add. - Chris

jrobinson

Welcome from N. Alabama. Glad to have you here.

Watch Let's Ride, Planned Rides and Events.

If you have any questions, just holler.

KrisCook

Welcome again, Chris!  I'm glad to hear you two are getting back into riding, and am glad to have you.  Tell your wife to join up too.  This board is not just for men! 

Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

yamahamer

:hi-002: Welcome from just down the street, Green Pond.

CD

kdtrull

Welcome from Lauderdale county.

renchinrider

Welcome from Huntsville! :applause-003:  Look forward to meeting the two of you.
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Chuck A.

Welcome from Hartselle.  :bike-038:
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Motrctyman

Update, Nancy sold the VStar and is riding the S40.
I bought my first bike in about 40 years, a 2007 Suzuki S50 with 1950 miles. Replacing tires, fluids, fork seals, etc.  Can't wait to ride. See ya on the road!

Chuck & Susan

Welcome Chris and enjoy the forum and some of the rides that get posted. Susan and I are from L,A. and ride up when we can.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

lastparrot

I am currently in the McCalla area for the next few months.  Let me know if you want to go out for a ride?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KevinB

Congrats on the new scoot!  :)

klaviator

New bike in the Springtime.  Perfect timing!

TFancher

Welcome from Tuscaloosa. See y'all out there.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.