News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

what kind of rides?

Started by skypuppy, November 13, 2017, 06:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skypuppy

What kind of rides is this board focused on?  i'm brand new here and the only one on the calendar is off-road.  Is that this group's focus?  I only have an on-road bike.

Thanks.
(2nd post)

Chitza

We are about riding. Whatever you have! Stick around. There will be more rides , all kinds. We have no prejudices according to the bike you ride. Keep an eye on the Let's Ride and Planned Rides boards. We will be kicking it up a notch soon.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

kylepeterson

Quote from: skypuppy on November 13, 2017, 06:30:35 PM
What kind of rides is this board focused on?  i'm brand new here and the only one on the calendar is off-road.  Is that this group's focus?  I only have an on-road bike.

Thanks.
(2nd post)

The calendar has been pretty sparse for a while... but that can change at any moment. Normally the "lets ride" and "planned rides" sections are the places to watch (Like Chitza pointed) for upcoming rides. Big stuff like campouts/events usually show on the calendar, but smaller rides just get a thread... unless you want em to be on the calendar. :-)

If you see a bunch of dirt bike pictures/ videos, don't worry, we have plenty of supersport/sporttourer/cruiser folks waiting for a tiny nudge to get their bikes out and go play.
just give 'er the berries !

jrobinson

Hey Sky, post an intro  in the Welcome to Bamarides.

To answer your question, if it can be done on 2 wheels, somebody here is doing it. I'm in Paint Rock Valley, so holler when you need to burn some motorcycle gas. Read through the Ride Reports to get an idea of our rides.

Buzz

any thing less than 4 wheels.   :bike-038:

I have one of each type of bike myself.  :hi-002:

Al Goodwin

YEP, what they've said....on-road, off-road, dual-sport(See the "events" section for a ride this weekend).

Even if you just show up Saturday morning for breakfast, and ride just paved roads around...and then show back up for the movie night and adult beverages....WE ALL get along really well..... :bike-038:

Come hang out with the cool kids. :cool08:

norton73

The types of rides seems to vary by the season. As it gets cooler and the days shorter, off road and dual sport rides seem to predominate. Warmer weather and longer days will bring more road rides, both sporty and cruising, along with some folks going further afield, sometimes even to Alaska.

Check out the ride reports to see who's gone where, plus it's a great way to keep your interest up over the winter and think about where you want to ride in the future.
Loose nut holding the handlebars