News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

V3.0?

Started by fmlstewart, November 18, 2017, 07:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmlstewart

How many times are you kids going to hit the reset button? I remember when this site was called, "No you can't ride with us!" Before Kyle could spell DRZ400! Now they'll let anybody in. Your generation and your damn new fangled Wide Wide World of Web pages.
My name is Lincoln. I ride motorcycles, and stuff...If membership dues go up one more time, I'm out!
And stay off my lawn!

kylepeterson

bam !

this shit just got

R E A L !
just give 'er the berries !

yamahamer

Hells yeah! Getting the gang back together now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LawnmowerRG

Welcome back Lincoln.
Welcome Back Welcome Back Welcome Baack
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

KevinB

fmlstewart

I never left. You guys just kept moving! I was starting to feel like Joe Dirt. In case you missed them, I posted about 100 ride reports on the old site. They went like this;
Rode to work in Pelham today...
Rode to work in Argo today...
Rode to work again today...
Guess where I rode today?!?
Can't ride today...work...
Hate I missed your ride. I had to work...
Rode to work, wait, what day is it?

But, on 11/13/17, I retired (kind of)! But, I have to work tomorrow. Not what I thought "retired" was supposed to be like...
At least now I'll have more time to post sarcastic rants, and, ride...to work...

springer

Welcome back Lincoln
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Mulley

A sarcastic smartass named Lincoln. Hmmmmm? Sounds familiar

Welcome back.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Nice Goat

Is this the guy who replaced his KLR doohickey in the parking lot of La Quinta Hotel in Daytona Beach, while Jobu stood behind him drinking his rum?

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Quote from: Nice Goat on November 18, 2017, 10:08:00 PM
Is this the guy who replaced his KLR doohickey in the parking lot of La Quinta Hotel in Daytona Beach, while Jobu stood behind him drinking his rum?

Buzz

Welcome back aboard to the group here  :D

Brian A

Quote from: Ghost Rider on November 18, 2017, 07:50:03 PM
My name is Lincoln. I ride motorcycles, and stuff...

I'm glad you are participating Lincoln.

You're a good guy. (Kyle promised me a cheeseburger if I'd say that.)

Now.... I get the part about riding motorcycles, but can you explain the "stuff" ?

fmlstewart

No. It was a thrust washer, and Jobu was no help.

Me (on the phone with Brian Goodwin - " Have you ever heard of anybody breaking a KLR transmission?"
Brain Goodwin - "No. Nobody has ever broke a KLR transmission. It's not possible. Not even YOU could break a KLR transmission."
Me- "I didn't think so..." " Goodwin says it's not the transmission. I guess I'll just ride it..."

Brain A, I ride motorcycles, and I ride other stuff, and I ride motorcycles, and do other stuff, on motorcycles, that may or may not be considered riding...motorcycles. And sometimes, motorcycles ride me, but I don't recommend that. Hey, I've got an idea, let's never go back to New Jersey, like we didn't that one time,when we weren't there, again.

Brian A

Quote from: Ghost Rider on November 19, 2017, 04:16:15 PM
No. It was a thrust washer, and Jobu was no help.

Me (on the phone with Brian Goodwin - " Have you ever heard of anybody breaking a KLR transmission?"
Brain Goodwin - "No. Nobody has ever broke a KLR transmission. It's not possible. Not even YOU could break a KLR transmission."
Me- "I didn't think so..." " Goodwin says it's not the transmission. I guess I'll just ride it..."

Brain A, I ride motorcycles, and I ride other stuff, and I ride motorcycles, and do other stuff, on motorcycles, that may or may not be considered riding...motorcycles. And sometimes, motorcycles ride me, but I don't recommend that. Hey, I've got an idea, let's never go back to New Jersey, like we didn't that one time,when we weren't there, again.

I'm not sure if a perfect response exists but if so, this /\ is it.    If not, this /\ is as close as one can come. All of it. Several monumental events tied together.
Very good!

You just gave me a good chuckle Lincoln. And FWIW - I told the thrust washer story this weekend.  That is one story that needs to live forever.

2smoke

Welcome back Lincoln. I weight the inside peg. And, sometimes lean the same direction!  ???