News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Off road/dual sport, Saturday Nov 25

Started by David DoubleEX, November 21, 2017, 08:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David DoubleEX

Anyone interested in some off road riding Saturday? I'm thinking something like Bankhead National Forest, Little River Canyon, Hollytree off road park, etc. Something official to avoid hunting season.
I'm on a street legal WR426 so I can handle dual sport or more intense off road. Open to suggestions.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

kylepeterson

that sounds like a heck of a good time. I'll probably not be able to go, but I bet a few folks would have a greatt time trying to keep up :D
just give 'er the berries !

KevinB

I'll be working, but would definitely like to join in sometime in the future.

David DoubleEX

I want to clarify that I dont plan on doing all of them in one day! I just mean we need to pick a place and ride lol. I'm in scottsboro and street legal so anywhere close is fine.

I don't ride too fast on the WR. And I definitely don't mind waiting for people. Being able to keep up shouldn't be a worry!

Darn. Maybe some others will chime in that want to ride. Even if I just get 1 or 2 others, I'm fine with that! I just want to ride and doing it alone is dangerous.

I know this is on an odd weekend. Its the weekend after als ride and a few days after thanksgiving.

Fencejumper09

I definitely want to ride the new singletrack at Hollytree but since I am riding Friday (Singletrack in Adamsville if you would like to join) Saturday will be for family time!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on November 21, 2017, 01:20:23 PM
I definitely want to ride the new singletrack at Hollytree but since I am riding Friday (Singletrack in Adamsville if you would like to join) Saturday will be for family time!
Its the opposite for us! Family time Friday and motorcycle time Saturday. Well holler when you want to do hollytree. I'm up for it!

Nice Goat

I'll be rolling back into town on Saturday, and probably installing farkles on Sunday, if Brown Santa comes through...

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

David DoubleEX

Weeeelll. I'm still waiting on freedom powersports to get my nut and bolt in to re attach my header. It looks like it might come in Friday, which means I can still ride Saturday, but it means I can't make solid plans until Friday.
Regardless, id like to know if anyone is interested in case it does work out!

David DoubleEX

The dirt bike gods have chosen Hollytree offroad park to try out the new single track. The ride is on. My buddy Stephen is coming on his 250, so the ride is on. Who wants to ride?

P.s. I grabbed some temporary parts from the hardware store to bolt the exhaust header back on.

Fencejumper09

Very interested in a review of the single track up there! Any pictures or video?
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on November 27, 2017, 03:05:55 PM
Very interested in a review of the single track up there! Any pictures or video?
Funny thing. We went up there but then left and went to colemine a few miles away to ride at a much quicker pace. It was very rocky at Hollytree but we didn't even get to hit the single track. I'm in a facebook group that is making the single track though so I'm sure I can steal some pics and videos from them tonight.

Fencejumper09

Ok, I have seen what they are posting on Facebook. I hope to make a trip up there soon to check it out!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on November 27, 2017, 03:12:54 PM
Ok, I have seen what they are posting on Facebook. I hope to make a trip up there soon to check it out!
When do you want to go!?

Fencejumper09

I've got to do some maintenance on swingarm, linkage and shock bearings which I just ordered today. I would also need spousal approval so I doubt this weekend will work for me. Maybe the following weekend. Don't hold me to it just yet though!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT