Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

21st Annual Last Ride of the Year

Started by Chuck & Susan, November 23, 2017, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chuck & Susan

21st Annual Last Ride of the Year

Twenty-one years ago, some long-distance motorcycle riders and members of the Iron Butt Association ("IBA") starting going to the Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton, Alabama, for the "Last Ride of the Year."  Also, called the "Stagecoach RTE" ("ride to eat"), this event has grown to the point where several hundred bikes now show up.  The event is always on December 30th.  Because Dec. 30th falls on a Saturday this year, they are expecting almost 1,000 bikes to show up.  Many people ride hundreds or thousands of miles to attend this event.  You can expect to see BMWs, Harleys, Gold Wings, Moto Guzzis, Nortons, Ducatis, ... basically every type of motorcycle will be there.  Some are set up for long-distance riding with interesting seats, complicated instrument panels, and extra fuel tanks.

The Stagecoach Cafe will open at 7:00am for breakfast, but most people arrive around 9:00am.  The Cafe also serves lunch starting around 11:00am.  About 12:00pm, they will hand out awards for things like "oldest rider," "youngest rider," and "who rode the farthest to this event."  By 2:00pm, the parking lot will be mostly empty.

This is a great opportunity to see some interesting long-distance bikes and riders, and generally enjoying some country-style food and camaraderie.

~~~~~====***====~~~~~

Although it has not been officially announced, Striker and Jynx (the dogs) have given us permission to open the doors to any Motorcycle Alabama member and their guest to stay with us over the Last Ride of the Year at the Stagecoach Café in Stockton, Alabama.

We have limited indoor spaces, but with plenty of backyard for tents (no trees in our yard).  If you want to stay the entire weekend, that will be fine with us. 

If you want to arrive on Friday, Dec. 29th, we will have dinner at the house (BYOB).  And if you decide to stay till Sunday, Dec. 31st, we will send you off with a good breakfast (and lots of coffee!!!)

The plan is on Saturday (Dec. 30th) morning we get up and leave the house about 8 am and will be at the Stagecoach by 9 am. 

If you are interested in staying with us, please let us know.  Indoor spaces (extra bedroom, floor, camper) are a first come, first served basis. 

Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Hope everyone will think about Joining us at this event!

Chuck & Susan
21943 College Ave.
Robertsdale, AL  36567

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chuck A.

I can't make it but that is more than generous to open up your home. Good people!
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Chuck & Susan

Chuck,
We have met some wonderful people throughout the state on this forum. And Susan and I would like to do what we can to make an affordable weekend for those wanting to attend "The Last Ride Of The Year" seeing how it's in our area. It's not our event but we are planning to be there rain or shine / hot or cold. Anytime a social can be tied to motorcycles we have enjoyed it. It's just an offer to those who would like to have a motorcycle weekend without finding or paying for motels and such.

Chuck & Susan
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Nice Goat

I'll have to work on Friday and probably won't get free until 6pm.  That means that I'll be too tired to ride to Mobile on Friday night.

But I'll see you at Stagecoach on Saturday morning!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

renchinrider

Chuck and Susan, thank you for the warm invitation!  I'll be rushed to get there Saturday morning myself, having just returned from Christmas in Virginia, and hopefully arriving at the Stagecoach with two buddies alongside!

Goat, if you'd like some company on the road, please share your travel plans.  One of my riding buddies is joining us in Cullman, which potentially puts us right in your neck of the woods! :)  It would be awesome to be able to travel down together, and hunt down Chuck and Susan when we get there! ;)
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

merc16

I'm a maybe. I had fun at it last year !
Justin

gulfcoaster

Might be able to meet up with ya for the ride over C&S.

Chuck & Susan

Not sure if anyone will be with us but you could meet up with us at 225 and 31. i was planning to take 225 up. It's a better ride than hwy 59 thru Bay Minette. The plan is to KSU here at the house at 8am. We should be able to meet you in the shopping center there about 8:20. How does that sound?
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

gulfcoaster

Nice Goat

I was hoping to be there for breakfast at 7:00am, but that may be too ambitious.  I might drive part way Friday night, stop somewhere and sleep, then go the rest of the way early AM Saturday.  But my plans will have to be fluid since I don't know what time I'll get out of work on Friday.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chitza

Quote from: Nice Goat on December 01, 2017, 11:34:58 AM
I was hoping to be there for breakfast at 7:00am, but that may be too ambitious.  I might drive part way Friday night, stop somewhere and sleep, then go the rest of the way early AM Saturday.  But my plans will have to be fluid since I don't know what time I'll get out of work on Friday.

I'm keeping an eye on you, Goat. I want to go to this. I have all day Friday to get there, though. Maybe Buzz can hook up with you as he has to work until 4:00 on Friday.

Oh, so yeah, if anyone wants to join me Friday DAY, to ride down, let me know.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chuck & Susan

I had seen where they serve breakfast till 10am. that's why I was planning to get there by 9am. But we can shift that time earlier.
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Mulley

This is very gracious of you. Thanks for the invite.

I'm sure we have a lot of members that have no idea with the Stagecoach RTE is. Do you mind editing your first post with some basic information or would you prefer that we start another thread about the ride and leave this thread just for folks visiting with you. That might reduce some confusion if it becomes a popular thread.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: Mulley on December 01, 2017, 07:56:29 PM
I'm sure we have a lot of members that have no idea with the Stagecoach RTE is. Do you mind editing your first post with some basic information or would you prefer that we start another thread about the ride and leave this thread just for folks visiting with you. That might reduce some confusion if it becomes a popular thread.

Some of the Mods might have a better idea of witch is best. But I have no problem ether way. Might be better to keep it all on one thread. Just one place to look at everything concerning the "Last Ride Of The Year"

Susan and I are just trying to do our little part to help the MC-AL community. Everyone has been great to us.

2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

springer

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on December 02, 2017, 08:46:06 AM
Some of the Mods might have a better idea of witch is best. But I have no problem ether way. Might be better to keep it all on one thread. Just one place to look at everything concerning the "Last Ride Of The Year"

Susan and I are just trying to do our little part to help the MC-AL community. Everyone has been great to us.

I would say to have a thread titled something like 2017 Stagecoach ride, last ride of the year? In that thread explain the ride, tell how folks come from all over to go on it and in that thread have a link to the thread here.
It would be like the rug in that Dude movie. It would really tie everything together.  :)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.