News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hello from Mobile

Started by n8, November 26, 2017, 04:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n8

Been riding for a few years now. Started on an 89 Honda 250 Interceptor (which I still miss). Jumped to a KTM 250 EXC converted to dual sport once I wanted some dirt in my life. I've had a few cruisers, GZ, Rebel, and Shadow among others, but I love an upright position so the cruisers got old quick. Currently in stock is an 03 SV650 naked and an 07 Yamaha XT225. Yamahas is mostly for the wife to get more comfortable riding and its "safer" since we can practice off road. Drove the SV up to the Appalachian areas a few times but really want to get into more dual sporting. The KTM was a blast, but sitting on a 2x4 isn't fun. Wanting to get a something no bigger than a DRZ400 to ride along with the wife. I'm light and don't care for a heavy bike. Anyways, looking forward to reading some ride reports and researching new places to ride in AL!!

springer

Welcome n8 from Hueytown! Settle in and make yourself at home.  ;)
A buddy of mine lives down there in Mobile. He is a member here and goes by the forum name Magoo. (Tom) Send him a pm telling him what you are looking for. he might be able to help you out.  http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?action=profile;u=291
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Chitza

Welcome from birmingham! Post some pics of your bikes so we can drool on them. We like pictures! We have lots of rides, lots of different types of rides. We had a group camp and ride last Apring in tellico. Some of the group went dual sport and some went street.  Join us when you see something you like!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chuck A.

Welcome from the other end of the state. Hartselle that is.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

gulfcoaster

Welcome from Daphne. There's a few of us down here.

jrobinson

Welcome from Huntsville.

Holler if you have any questions.

Chuck & Susan

Welcome from Lower Alabama as well. Susan and I are in Robertsdale and glad too see another join in this area. Several from the forum will be at "The Last Ride of The Year" on December 30th. Hope we meet you there or somewhere soon. Enjoy the forum and please add your views.. Great Motorcycling people.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Guidedawg

Welcome from Montgomery (though originally from Calvert in north Mobile County).  I loved my Shadow and am currently on a VTX cruiser, but PLENTY of dual sport riders here for you!

renchinrider

Welcome from Huntsville, n8!  You planning to attend the Last Ride of the Year at the Stagecoach Cafe?  If so, please give a yell.  A few of us from Huntsville are planning to ride down there to have lunch!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

KevinB

Welcome to MotoAL!

Hopefully we'll see you on a dirt or street ride soon.

kdtrull

Hello from the top-left corner.

VWCarlos

2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Spicciani2

Welcome Nate.... Hehe 1st post!