News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

The 21st Last ride of the year 2017

Started by springer, December 24, 2017, 11:33:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

springer

Meet at the Texaco/Wendy's in Brent, Alabama near intersection of Hwy 5 & Hwy 82

Kickstands up at 5:00AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the annual end of year ride to the Stagecoach Café in Stockton, AL. The ride is Dec 30th, 2017.

Anyone thinking of doing this? From Birmingham?

I know renchinrider mentioned it in a post here.

And Chuck & Susan did a post here.

I figure it is time to do a little planning if anyone in the Birmingham area and south is thinking about going.
Like where to meet? (Hoover would be my suggestion for the Birmingham folks)
Time to meet? ( 5 am should give plenty of time. Google maps says a tad over 4 hours but with gas stops n such)

How to get there from here: Hoover to Al-5 to AL-41 is one way.

https://goo.gl/maps/5TravgeMbxm

Anywho, just putting this out here.

If I can go, I will.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

renchinrider

Springer, sure hope y'all can make it!  I'm having to bow out following an unexpectedly hectic month of distractions--couldn't get my bike ready for the trip.   :'(  I'll have to just go ahead and start my planning for next year.

Y'all ride safe and enjoy the gathering at Stagecoach!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

springer

Quote from: renchinrider on December 24, 2017, 04:46:47 PM
Springer, sure hope y'all can make it!  I'm having to bow out following an unexpectedly hectic month of distractions--couldn't get my bike ready for the trip.   :'(  I'll have to just go ahead and start my planning for next year.

Y'all ride safe and enjoy the gathering at Stagecoach!
Thanks! Hoping to see a few friends of mine from Mobile and Pensacola Fl. there.

BTW, the weather should be good.  Forecast in Birmingham is a high of 50 degrees and sunny.

Of course we will not really know if it will be raining until we wake up on 12/30.  :)

That is why they call it weather...they have no idea weather it will rain or weather it will be sunny.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

merc16

Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on December 25, 2017, 05:04:03 PM
I will probably take 5 to 84 to 59.

Turn onto 84 @Grove Hill then right onto 59 @Claibone?

merc16

Um maybe.  I was just looking at the map you posted. I live just a few miles from Brent Wal-Mart on North Scottsvile Road.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on December 25, 2017, 06:44:37 PM
Um maybe.  I was just looking at the map you posted. I live just a few miles from Brent Wal-Mart on North Scottsvile Road.

I live in Hueytown, it is on the westside of Birmingham next to Bessemer. Hoover would just be a meeting point that would be more familiar to folks. If no one is interested, perhaps we could meet in Brent? Or somewhere else along the way.

Of course with the health issues I have been having, I might just have to bail out at the day of.  :( It has been a day to day thing for me.

merc16

Dang,  sorry to hear about the health issues. We and/or anyone else could meet at the Texaco/Wendy's in Brent on Hwy 5. It is just past Wal-Mart but a little bit better to pull into.

Justin

2372ighost

Looks like I might be able to do this ride. Meet up in Brent is a great idea. I'm up for springers 2nd google option hwy5 to 41 to 59.
What is the KSU time at Wendy's?
Rich
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

springer

merc16

Maybe 6 am. Too early or late ?

Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on December 26, 2017, 04:49:32 AM
Maybe 6 am. Too early or late ?

Sounds good!

Nice Goat

If you are planning to go down Saturday morning, I would say that 6am is the absolute latest that you want to leave. 
You want to be there no later than 10am in order to look at bikes and socialize.
Lunch starts at 11am and the event will be over by 1-2pm.

I'm planning to go down Friday night and stay in a hotel in Atmore, so I will see you all there Saturday morning.  I'll have the new official stickers for anybody who shows up...

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

merc16

Ok I'm going to take 5 to 84 East to County Road 1 then right onto 59 South.  Maybe ksu at 5 ?

Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on December 26, 2017, 06:15:03 PM
Ok I'm going to take 5 to 84 East to County Road 1 then right onto 59 South.  Maybe ksu at 5 ?

Sounds like a plan!