News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Hello from Phenix City

Started by Ole smokey, December 31, 2017, 03:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole smokey

Just moved here this week from Pennsylvania. It's toasty warm for me here right now, was able to get out for short rides on my first two days here.

jrobinson

Welcome from North Alabama.

Post up some pics of your ride. Tell us how you found us.

Check the forum often.

Holler if'n yall have any questions. (I can translate if needed. lol)

springer

Welcome to Motorcycle Alabama! What kind of riding do you do?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Chuck & Susan

Welcome from Lower Alabama..... Hope to see ya riding the Gulf Coast sometime!! Or catch you on one of the rides with the COOL KIDS up that way....
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Ole smokey

Even though I'm moving down from Pennsylvania I am actually from Tallahassee Florida. I've lived in Alabama a couple times and I've always loved it, I lived briefly around Eufaula and for a little while up in the Anniston Oxford Area. I am hanging out with some good friends in the Phenix City area right now. I speak Southern fairly well :)

I was guided to this forum by one of the members here...KrissCook

It keeps telling me there is an error with uploading a pic so maybe I have to find a smaller pic.

KrisCook

Welcome, Dave, from the northwest corner of Birmingham! 

One way to get pics up is to get a smugmug account and share them that way.  Others use TapaTalk to easily post pics from their cell phones.  Lots of us have a love/hate relationship with TapaTalk.

I'm so glad you  joined up!  I look forward to riding with you one of these (warmer) days.  You can always take that two hour ride to Leeds tomorrow to go on Lawnmower's First Ride of the Year.  It's to eat somewhere on the south side of Birmingham in the district around 7th Avenue South and 28th Street South, called Lakeview.  If nothing is open, it might be to only hang around my office and eat leftover Christmas goodies.

Again, welcome! 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

springer

I will second Smugmug. Baldy, the owner and O.G. of ADVRider  :D, started Smugmug and now his son runs it. Yep, it is a pay site but trying to find a free way to post pictures is just getting harder and harder.  :-[
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

KevinB

Ole smokey

Thanks I've been looking around quite a bit this afternoon trying to figure out how to use it, it's starting to make a little sense to me now.

Ole smokey

Still trying to figure out how to post pics, maybe this one will work I made the pic smaller.

Ole smokey

Chuck & Susan

And a NICE ride there....  8)
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

TC

Welcome from Hoover, AL.  We have done our best to order up some weather you would be comfortable with.  Can't promise much help for this summer though.  Looking forward to riding with you sometime.

Guidedawg

I'm rather late to post, but welcome from Montgomery!  There are a few of us from central Alabama out here.