News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

It was a beautiful day to go riding. 

I can't believe that we have neglected the Oakmulgee District for so long.  There is some great riding and nice views down there.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

LRobinson

I saw you slipping off the mountain today.   I tried to get your attention but you were headed down hill in a hurry.  I ended up riding a little later but didn't take pics :(

KevinB

Ha! After I passed, I thought to myself "I think Larry has a truck like that...".  :)

When I'm riding off the beaten path in sketchy spots, I keep a distance from other people I encounter. In fact, I ran into two separate cars involved in "flagrant delicto" at the top of the mountain.

klaviator

KevinB

2smoke

Grandfather's (Papa's) former cantelope patch. Could have sworn I heard him yelling at me  :D

Gam

Did a loop from Walker County, camped at Brushy Lake Saturday night. Sunday we rode back south on part of my dual sport route, neither of us had ridden any of except for the part in bankhead, a lot of stuff just named "road" on the GPS. It was like 125 miles for the whole day on Saturday, but over 175 on Sunday, finished in the dark and the rain.
Couple of pics, were any real suction mud areas, all the holes and creeks had hard bottoms. Particulary that spillway.

KevinB

Explored NW Jefferson County today...

Found myself on a section of the old, forgotten Bankhead Hwy./US 78. Hard to imagine that this was the "I-22" of it's day between Birmingham and Memphis.

Apparently the other end is accessible by Mercedes sedan. Just the spot for celebrating Valentine's Day...until you get brapped.

Found access to Five Mile Creek...

norton73

rode over to Cheaha today, then north and up FS 500 and a few of the side roads.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Stu87

Took a detour of 394/Cemetery mountain road in Talladega national forest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yamahamer

jrou111

The KTM had a flat, but I still managed to have fun on the Vstrom

gulfcoaster

Quote from: jrou111 on March 10, 2017, 03:43:50 PM
The KTM had a flat, but I still managed to have fun on the Vstrom