News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

Got the KLR out for the first time this year.

KevinB

DonJuan

Quote from: yamahamer on January 21, 2018, 02:08:03 PM
Took the fat girl down to the river. I stopped by Cahaba park and played for a bit before heading to the slab. Seen Wayne leaving as I was going in. Fat girl started to sink on the trails so I turned around and headed back home. I'll try again once the roads dry out some. Still not ready to drop big girl. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Damn, that first line brings back memories of my first wife!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

KevinB

Got out for a couple of hours today...

Grabbed the Central AL Dual-Sport tag in Pinson for the ADV forum...

Dropped the tag in Bradford at the old grave / mining cave site...

Then went fishing for Concrete Bass...

Nice Goat

Quote from: KevinB on February 06, 2018, 06:53:06 PM
Dropped the tag in Bradford at the old grave / mining cave site...

I've been meaning to make another go at this place... last time we couldn't make it through because of all the kudzu
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

klaviator

When I got up this morning it wasn't raining like the forecasters predicted so I went for a short ride.  As a bonus I found many of the gates in Wheeler are now open.

Glad I made it a short ride as it's pouring outside now :)

KevinB

klaviator

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Jwwr

Franklin County south of Red Bay and west of Vina. I tread lightly here. Cause you don't want to piss of the "Boys from Alabama". Like  Patterson Hood said "We got good help down in Franklin County, They'll hunt you like a dog". The Drive By Truckers if there ever was a band that sounded like a place, thats it! I can't ride up here without it playing in my head!

The road gets dim, there are open gates, caution is used, I hope I don't see anyone out here!

The paved roads ain't bad!

Don't believe what they told Ya!

The Carolina jessamine was blooming every where I went, really the most blooms I can ever remember seeing. It smells amazing!

gulfcoaster

Went riding around Baldwin County. Found more closed gates than I cared to. But I finally made it to Truck Rt. 17 area. That was more my speed being a dirt newbie.

Jwwr

Recent reports reminded me I haven't ridden parts of Bankhead in a while.

The dead end road to Thompson Trailhead.

I had forgot how good the  North West Road is!

A strange foggy section.

If this made sense it might be useful! Then I thought maybe it's Forest Service's way of making a joke, but I don't think they have a sense of humor.

The Sipsey access area.

In the back of the lower parking area there are some loblolly pines that may be the tallest I have ever seen. The Alabama State champion loblolly is 139 feet tall (there is more to being a champion than just height) these have to be close to that.

KevinB

KevinB

Hit the "Coalburg Dual-Sport Proving Grounds" for a while today...

Don

A little fishing after work. In the rain. On the KLR. With a badass new cooler. #notayeticauseimpo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk