Frank Smith

I think this is Mike on a red Strom

Frank smith
New Market Al
R1200GSA
R80RT
350 EXC-F

kylepeterson

woohoo what a perfect weekend of socializing, riding, laughing and making fun of Beck behind his back ! 

huge thank you to our tireless hosts, the Goodwins, and all of you folks that showed up to blowup the party !

I missed the sausage festival, but reaped the benefits of it, and also the infamous twenty pounds of bacon.

met several new folks , blasted Eric bottomlee with gravel (I thought Beck was behind me) and ripped around the trails following a drz and an xr650 with a windshield. lots of modest fellas, forgiving ladies, and good vibes all weekend long.

again, thank you Goodwins, for providing us with a wonderful atmosphere. I saw what you did for your neighbors, that's very kind of you. 

fyi- klr's always win the gravity races, get over it you light weights on your kdx's and tw's ! sad face !
just give 'er the berries !

Jwwr

kylepeterson

milage total for the weekend... not to bad for a crappy old dirt bike

kylepeterson

Quote from: Jwwr on April 29, 2018, 07:29:23 PM
Thanks Al!. I had a great time!

man this is one great shot, love it

griff

That's me and MsSGriff it the picture above. I like that one a lot myself.

Thanks again to the Goodwins for hosting a great event. We really enjoyed it.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

Al Goodwin

Thank you all for coming, without y'all.....we'll, Melony and I would still enjoy the ride. LOL
No. Really, y'all make this event. 

Friendships gained on weekends like this can last a lifetime.

kylepeterson

Quote from: griff on April 29, 2018, 08:50:38 PM
That's me and MsSGriff it the picture above. I like that one a lot myself.

Thanks again to the Goodwins for hosting a great event. We really enjoyed it.

really enjoyed getting to play with y'all today. good times!

Bamagator

Where do I start?  Major kudos to the Goodwins for raw excellence in leadership.  Yankedog had my ass and my ego in check the whole day Saturday (can't remember his name or his wife's), yamahammer is one kooool ass dude.  Kyle is my off road hero.  LT And #ighost are my prior service buds.  Brad and Keith...you 2 dudes rock!  Meeting some of my other heroes on this forum was beyond cool, like klaviator and more.

This was my first DS rally and the most time I've had on dirt and gravel in my life.  3 goals....get to the rally, ride the rally/meet cool riders, don't go down hard.....done.  See you suckers at the next one with hopefully better skills.  Slow....back of the pack...but pooh eating grin all the way!

klaviator

Another fantastic event!!!  Thanks Al and Melony for being such great hosts. 

Al and Melony cookin up some of that 10 pounds of bacon Saturday morning:

I had a great time.  I enjoyed the ride but I really enjoyed spending some time with old friends as well as making some new ones.  For me, it's the people that make this event so special.  There are better places to go out and ride but you won't find better folks to hang out with anywhere.

I took a bazillion pics but I won't try to post them all.  I'll post a few now and more tomorrow.

Friday night:

Sausage fest:

Telling some lies:

Relaxing:

No Comment :D

TWJohn

I very much enjoyed meeting you all. This was an outstanding time. I am excited for more adventures in the near future.
John
2007 V Star 1300
2022 DR650

klaviator

Some pics from Saturday.

Brushy Lake early in the morning:

Riders meeting:

Ready to roll.  Our fearless leader and leaderette:

We had a few big bikes on this ride.

The end of the first trail down to the Sipsey river:

klaviator

Headed over to the second trail to the Sipsey River:

TWJohn, not only new to the forum but new to riding.

The trail to the river:

norton73

Huge thanks to Al and Melony for organizing such a fun weekend for riding, food and friendship!

I don't know how you guys do all the work and ride too, but as always , ya done good.

It was great meeting new friends and getting back up to speed with old friends. Events like this are what makes motorcycling special, and especially "Motorcycle Alabama".

When I find my camera, I'll post up some of my photos, although there probably aren't many 'cause I was too busy having fun.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

Frank and I headed back up the trail before everyone else and set up to take some action pics.

Since no one was making much of a splash for the camera we took matters into our own hands.  Here's Frank: