News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sportin the Free-State IX

Started by Al Goodwin, January 23, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

klaviator

After the trails to the river and dropping off some of the group at the Flint Creek Trails we rode mostly pavement to "the bridge".  I thought the bridge and road it was on was pretty cool.  Melony seemed to enjoy it too:

This road had a couple of speed bumps ;D

Lunch was at Chef Troys.  The food and company were outstanding as usual.

klaviator

After lunch we went to straight to jail :D

In jail.

the group that rode Flint Creek showed up late to lunch.  I saw someone riding up on a tan dualsport and wondered who it was?

Stopping for gas after lunch.  On the right is Windy  on her first ride with us.

No one was quite willing to tackle the rock face that Al and Fencejumper rode up last year.  One rider did take the "easy" way up.

And Steve also made it up.

klaviator

Last few pics. 

Typical paved road.

Sunday morning.

That's it's for my pics.  It was an awesome event.  I'm really looking forward to next year, and the year after that.

Thanks again Al and Melony for setting this up.  Thanks also to John and Paula who showed up early  to help reserve some camping spots.

Everyone else, it was good seeing you again or meeting you for the first time.  Hope to see ya'll at next years ride if not sooner.

klaviator

Quote from: Bamagator on April 29, 2018, 09:23:15 PM
Where do I start?  Major kudos to the Goodwins for raw excellence in leadership.  Yankedog had my ass and my ego in check the whole day Saturday (can't remember his name or his wife's), yamahammer is one kooool ass dude.  Kyle is my off road hero.  LT And #ighost are my prior service buds.  Brad and Keith...you 2 dudes rock!  Meeting some of my other heroes on this forum was beyond cool, like klaviator and more.

This was my first DS rally and the most time I've had on dirt and gravel in my life.  3 goals....get to the rally, ride the rally/meet cool riders, don't go down hard.....done.  See you suckers at the next one with hopefully better skills.  Slow....back of the pack...but pooh eating grin all the way!

Yankee Dog and wife, that would be John and Paula.  Don't feel bad, I'm terrible with names as well.  It was nice to meet you and I hope to see you at more rides in the future.

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

Al Goodwin

2372ighost

What a HOOT! My second only DS ride and my first motorcycle camping trip. The hosts, Al and Melody are special people to take this on. My hat is off to them.
A pleasure meeting all the riders,(Name tags required next time). Thank you all for putting up with the geezer!!  "I'll be back"
Rich

"I don't really see a need to retire as long as I am having fun." Stan Lee 2006

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Al Goodwin

Quote from: 2372ighost on April 30, 2018, 07:25:11 PM
What a HOOT! My second only DS ride and my first motorcycle camping trip. The hosts, Al and Melody are special people to take this on. My hat is off to them.
A pleasure meeting all the riders,(Name tags required next time). Thank you all for putting up with the geezer!!  "I'll be back"
Rich

"I don't really see a need to retire as long as I am having fun." Stan Lee 2006

Glad you enjoyed the weekend.....thank you for coming along for the ride.

Spicciani2

Flint creek was amazing!   Eating miles upon miles of dust wasnt half bad ;)
The DRZ was thankful for the opportunity to show off its abilities and my lack.

kylepeterson

Quote from: Spicciani2 on May 01, 2018, 09:39:26 AM
Flint creek was amazing!   Eating miles upon miles of dust wasnt half bad ;)
The DRZ was thankful for the opportunity to show off its abilities and my lack.

you did very well at Flint Creek, good times

this was how hard I had to work to get a couple pictures of our small group coming back to camp.... left hand throttle, right hand video

https://youtu.be/y5kYDvOZn74
just give 'er the berries !

Gam

I lost my motorcycle camera on a ride a couple of months ago and haven't gotten a new one, so I don't have any ride pics, that was me dragging that telephoto DSLR around, there are some people pics, I had to stand at the outhouse to even get a head in the frame, since you can't even tell this was m/c event from these pics, I'm just going to post a link for the curious.

https://gamike.smugmug.com/frame/slideshow?key=NSBkV5&autoStart=1&captions=1&navigation=0&playButton=0&randomize=0&speed=3&transition=fade&transitionSpeed=2&clickable=1

KevinB

Thanks for the pics and videos everyone...really hate I couldn't make this one.  :(

Nice Goat

Quote from: KevinB on May 01, 2018, 07:50:43 PM
Thanks for the pics and videos everyone...really hate I couldn't make this one.  :(

Me too.  Sucks to miss this.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

springer

Quote from: Gam on May 01, 2018, 06:00:23 PM
I lost my motorcycle camera on a ride a couple of months ago and haven't gotten a new one, so I don't have any ride pics, that was me dragging that telephoto DSLR around, there are some people pics, I had to stand at the outhouse to even get a head in the frame, since you can't even tell this was m/c event from these pics, I'm just going to post a link for the curious.

https://gamike.smugmug.com/frame/slideshow?key=NSBkV5&autoStart=1&captions=1&navigation=0&playButton=0&randomize=0&speed=3&transition=fade&transitionSpeed=2&clickable=1

I bought this as a second camera to film with along my GoPro Hero 3 Black. It is a YI Lite Action Camera. You can follow the link to see it on Amazon;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075JFSZM9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or watch this video on it;

I haven't used it YET. Was going to on the Free State ride but you know, a mule got in the way. I may just turn it on and do a little walk around with it tomorrow.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

norton73

I didn't get many pics, too busy having fun!

Getting ready to leave the campground;

First out n back to the river;

The bridge of death;

Some of the crowd at the lunch stop;

Loose nut holding the handlebars