Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual-Sportin the Free-State IX

Started by Al Goodwin, January 23, 2018, 05:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 22, 2018, 11:00:36 PM
Whats the current headcount looking like? Do we have enough to practically split into two groups?

I think I would lean towards the rougher ride myself. But I'm up for whatever!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

That's FUNNY !!!!! ::)

Al Goodwin

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 22, 2018, 11:06:26 PM
What kind of facilities are at the campground? A quick Google search is telling me there are showers? I assume no electricity?

Hot showers and flush toilets in the "day use" area, short walk from campground.  Campground has a vault toilet.  No power at sites, water spigot in campground.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 22, 2018, 11:06:26 PM
What kind of facilities are at the campground? A quick Google search is telling me there are showers? I assume no electricity?

Looking like 20 or so????

We can have a group of faster guys .....if someone is willing to lead the group.  I'll have a printout of the route if y'all have roll-charts you could cut the printouts and use them.  I'll print it in size to fit chart holders......

Al Goodwin

Reckon 10 pounds of bacon is enough??

I can bring 20 if needed. 

And we have 5 dozen Cracker Barrel biscuits ordered up for breakfast Saturday morning.

S&S grocery, in Holly Pond, Al. has Conecuh sausage $4/pack, normally around $5..... we'll have other smoked sausage for Friday nights sausage fest also.

Y'all bring whatever you want to throw on the grill Friday night.

kylepeterson

Quote from: Al Goodwin on April 23, 2018, 07:52:16 PM
Looking like 20 or so????

We can have a group of faster guys .....if someone is willing to lead the group.  I'll have a printout of the route if y'all have roll-charts you could cut the printouts and use them.  I'll print it in size to fit chart holders......

omg
omg
omg
roll charts ?

anybody got an extra chart holder?

admittedly I will cheat and look at the GPS as soon as I'm lost, but this sounds kind a great fun kind of idea.

I'm  moist!!!
just give 'er the berries !

Al Goodwin

Quote from: kylepeterson on April 23, 2018, 08:33:23 PM
omg
omg
omg
roll charts ?

I'm  moist!!!

I'm just not as up to speed on GPS tracks.   ......

klaviator

I'll be there on Friday afternoon.  Bringing a friend, another old & slow guy but not as old and slo as me ;D

I rode Flint creek last fall at the nowhere to be ride on my KLR.  It was pretty dry then.  It will be real wet this weekend so I'll pass on Flint Creek this time.

Roll chart holder?  I have one of those.....somewhere. 

I'll be truckin in and will bring a cooler.  Anything you need me to bring?  I was thinking some potato salad to go with the sausage.

kylepeterson

Quote from: Al Goodwin on April 23, 2018, 08:41:56 PM
I'm just not as up to speed on GPS tracks.   ......

I guarantee you I can get a group lost with a roll chart! it'll be a fun day no matter what we use, but I'd live to have a chart when you print them :-)

Al Goodwin

Quote from: kylepeterson on April 24, 2018, 05:28:02 AM
I guarantee you I can get a group lost with a roll chart! it'll be a fun day no matter what we use, but I'd live to have a chart when you print them :-)

How about I send you the route......could you make a track for us?

norton73

Quote from: kylepeterson on April 24, 2018, 05:28:02 AM

Somebody remind me to input the campsite on my GPS so I can at least find my way back to the beer if we get lost.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Bamagator

Brad H and I will be doing a few hours of riding on Friday stating in warrior in route to camp night one.  Still locking deal but I'll assume we will do lunch at jacks or something mid day then KSU and roll for some easy fun to start the weekend.  See you suckers at sausage fest.  Pm me if you want in on the Fridah deal. It's Brad's turf so he is leading since I'm from the south side of the Ham.

kylepeterson

Quote from: Al Goodwin on April 24, 2018, 08:41:23 AM
How about I send you the route......could you make a track for us?

I'm not sure I understand.... route/track is kinda same same ? :-)

kylepeterson

Quote from: norton73 on April 24, 2018, 11:08:07 AM
Somebody remind me to input the campsite on my GPS so I can at least find my way back to the beer if we get lost.

that's just no fun !

mega1e6

Add one more to the list, I'm in.
Putting the knobbies on the XR.
Heading that way Friday.
Hope there's room for all those tents.

springer

I have sorta forgotten. ..can we use a hammock?
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.